Calling msgdfx1!!!!!!!

wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
Do you have the same name on MUA? I'm pretty sure that's what I saw for the reviewer's sn on the mineral makeup sold at Sally's Beauty Supply.
For you or anyone else who's tried it, I have some questions!

Does it have good enough coverage for big red evil zits and dark circles? By "luminous finish" do you mean a slight glow but still pretty much matte, or something that would look oilier on oily skin because it has a lot of glow to it? Is this the same as the sold-in-Canada-only Savvy Mineral Makeup (ingredients)?

Thank you, and sorry to call on you like this!
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Comments

• msgdfx1msgdfx1 Posts: 106Registered Users
    Hi, Wild.

Yes, I do have the same name as pm MUA. (Love that place almost as much as NC)

I apologize for not responding to your message sooner than this. I didn't realize that I had a message.

In terms of the Savvy minerals, to be honest, I am not sure about the coverage. As a self confessed product junkey, I moved on to L'oreal Minerals rather quickly which actually gave me a better color match. So, I really can't vouch for the coverage. I don't have a lot to cover. However, I do know that it is luminous finish which didn't emphasize my large pores. But, the color was a bit off. The L'oreal stuff has a sunscreen and I purchased from Rite Aid at a 2 for 1 Sale.

For both products, though, I apply over a primer which is really key for me. It gives me the flawless, uniform appearance that everyone raves about.

One thing about Sally's though is that they do accept returns, so, if you are unhappy you can return.

Good luck. If you have any other questions, let me know.
    3C and natural for 5 years:angel10:.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I didn't know Sally's accepted returns! Thanks!
    OMG, LOOK!!

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    msgdfx1 wrote:
    The L'oreal stuff has a sunscreen

just to reiterate...

please don't rely on foundation - ANY foundation, even mineral foundation - to provide you with sun protection!

please wear sunscreen separately!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • msgdfx1msgdfx1 Posts: 106Registered Users
    Hello. Yes, Sally's does accept returns. However, please confirm with the sales person when you purchase.

And, thank you Rouquinne, for the note about the sun coverage because I was depending on the minerals to give me the protection.
    3C and natural for 5 years:angel10:.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^ if you read my "annual sunscreen rant" (click on CurlColumns above and go to Rouquinne's Makeup Missive), i have included a short paragraph in that column about mineral makeup and SPF.

i haven't seen any mineral makeup company claim more than SPF 20 for their product and most don't put any number at all, though they do say that their product offers "broad spectrum" protection.

that isn't enough.

(sasparilla, i apologize for side-tracking your thread.)
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    (sasparilla, i apologize for side-tracking your thread.)

I don't mind! :D It's for the good of humanity!...well, humanity's skin at least.

And msgdfx1, I will check with the salesperson, I'm hoping the results are as good as yours...now I reeeeeeeeally wanna go to Sally's! :lol:
    OMG, LOOK!!

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    please don't rely on foundation - ANY foundation, even mineral foundation - to provide you with sun protection!

please wear sunscreen separately!

No thanks. Until someone comes out with something that won't give me pimples and funky/ugly/greasy skin, I am not going to use sunscreen every day. I do wear it when I'm out in the sun for extended periods, like at the beach or something, but for every day incidental exposure, I feel my mineral makeup gives me enough sun coverage. I think mineral makeup has more natural sun protection than you give it credit for. I've actually been in situations where sunscreen failed me and I got burned on my arms and chest, but my face (which only had mineral makeup on it) didn't get any color at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file