4ABZ and blending textures

EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
4BZ's who are a little far in the transition
How are you blending the two textures without heat?
I tried a rodset from wet hair
DSC05666.jpg

And a flat twist out from heat straightened hair but the difference is still so obvious
DSC05727.jpg
And for this one my hair was blow dried, hot combed, and flat ironed 4 days earlier

It looks even more obvious in person
I don't want to be flat ironing before doing a braidout, that defeats the purpose
How are you guys doing it?
event.png

4b natural

Comments

• DoublebubbleDoublebubble Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've tried seeing how my hair would look if i tried to style it with two textures. I twisted my hair after washing it and left it in overnight. When i took them out in the morning, my relaxed ends were pretty much frizzy and curled with the natural hair, but i think that was only bc i only had 1/2 inch of relaxed hair left. you seem to have alot of natural hair. maybe you should go ahead and cut the relaxed ends off. i would not recommend continuing to use heat to style your hair.
  • EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
    I'm planning on holding out for an 18 or 24 month transition
    I don't want a twa :crybaby:
    event.png

4b natural
  • lit26lit26 Registered Users Posts: 131
    You don't want a TWA but keep this in mind. You are wasting product on your permed hair and you will not see your real curl pattern untill all of the perm is out.

But I do understand your reason for not wanting a twa.
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • nada101nada101 Registered Users Posts: 125
    Im not sure if I am a 4a/4b but i think i might be. The style that I like to do to blend the two textures are braidouts and curlformers.

ps. I really like how your rodset came out
    Hair Stats
    Started Transition: March 2008
    Ended Transition: March 2010
    Transitioned for: 2 years

event.png
  • kinkycurlybunnykinkycurlybunny Registered Users Posts: 22
    OMG! I have the exact same issue!

I can never find something that can blend my textures decently. So, I always end up flat ironing it until I add more braids in. Anyway, I was looking on one of my favorite blogs called CurlyNikki and she posted something today about Curlformers. I've heard of Curlformers before but I haven't tried them out yet. It's looks really nice so I will probably try them out very soon. Here is the link to CurlyNikki's website and she also posted a Youtube instructional video she thought was helpful....

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/09/its-curlformer-time.html

event.png
  • EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
    Thanks! I hated the rodset the day of but they've grown on me
    I did see the curlformers trend sweep LHCF and tried resisting them
    But now I do have a pibbs...
    event.png

4b natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights