Need a product that makes my hair have some shine!

MaryRMaryR Posts: 97Registered Users
Is there a syling product or one that does just this, give a nice shine but not greasy look.

Comments

• NicaCurlsNicaCurls Posts: 164Registered Users
    I hear that Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine does this, but I have not yet used it on my own hair, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Also, I've noticed that BRHG tends to give me some great shine as well as aloe vera gel. But I think the biggest thing would be just to get your hair to a healthy, well-moisturized state.
    Pacific Northwest 3a/3b, medium all across the board, possibly porous.

Low-Poo: Trader Joe's Refresh
    Co-wash: V05 Tea Therapy Chamomile, Giovanni TTTT
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm, Yes to Tomatoes, EO Chamomile & Honey
    Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Sonoma Soap Company First Crush
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT
    Gels: BRHG, Biotera
    Stylers/Mousses: Komaza Coconut Pudding, Curls Goddess Glaze
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I recently started using the Biotera Glaze from Sally's. I love this stuff to death, and the great shine I get is one of the reasons. This is packaged just about identically to the Biotera Gel, so if you pick some up, read the bottles carefully!
  • coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    I get great shine with my homemade flax seed gel. I need to use another gel on top for hold, but I love the shine I get with fsg!
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • wowohwowwowohwow Posts: 448Registered Users Curl Novice
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    I recently started using the Biotera Glaze from Sally's. I love this stuff to death, and the great shine I get is one of the reasons. This is packaged just about identically to the Biotera Gel, so if you pick some up, read the bottles carefully!

What's the consistency of the glaze? Like..would I use it over everything? Or is it like a gel with shine-infusing qualities?

Is it thin enough that I could mix it with some water and use it as a shine spray?
    3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08 :love2:
    Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)
    Condish: Deva One Condition
    Styling: Deva AnGel, then SOTC with no Frizz creme
    Hairtwins! Ab-star, Ledzeppole, Shellynot, soficurls and tarc817

• wendi.wendywendi.wendy Posts: 174Registered Users
    Jane Carter Nourish & Shine really does give nice shine -- with no greasy look/feel. You just need a small, small amount...I rub it in my palms and use it to SOTC after my hair has dried. Cuts down on frizz, too. It's not cheap (although the cheapest I've found it is at Vitamin Shoppe) but it's worth it because it lasts forrreeeevvvver! ;-)

My daughter can always tell if I don't use Nourish & Shine! lol

I just got the Biotera Glaze too -- I've only used it once so I don't have enough experience playing around with it yet. However, I can describe the consistency -- it's very thin and liquid, not like a gel...I would imagine it could be mixed with water and sprayed on. (The bottle it's in is not a spray bottle -- it's the same type of snap-open top that the Biotera gel comes in.)
    ~ Wendi in IL
    3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
    CG since March 2010
    Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
    Low Poo: Desert Essence
    Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening

Leave-In: Cure Care, KCKT
    Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG

• melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • wowohwowwowohwow Posts: 448Registered Users Curl Novice
    I just got the Biotera Glaze too -- I've only used it once so I don't have enough experience playing around with it yet. However, I can describe the consistency -- it's very thin and liquid, not like a gel...I would imagine it could be mixed with water and sprayed on. (The bottle it's in is not a spray bottle -- it's the same type of snap-open top that the Biotera gel comes in.)

Thanks for the info!! I'll be sure to get it when I return the Biotera gel ... *sigh* gel + my hair = :crybaby:
    3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08 :love2:
    Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)
    Condish: Deva One Condition
    Styling: Deva AnGel, then SOTC with no Frizz creme
    Hairtwins! Ab-star, Ledzeppole, Shellynot, soficurls and tarc817

Here are some pics demonstrating the shine of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CJ CIAB[/buylink]. It's not as curl enhancing as other products (my hair is 2B rather than 3A with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink]), but it really gives shine. A lot of people use a little combined with other products.

I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink] + hard-hold gel (BRHG on left; Abba firm hold on right). Pics were taken two days ago (on Easter Sunday).

BTW, I put these pics in my fotki as well, if you want to see larger versions of them. (It's kind of difficult to see detail in a thumbnail size).
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Here are some pics demonstrating the shine of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CJ CIAB[/buylink]. It's not as curl enhancing as other products (my hair is 2B rather than 3A with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink]), but it really gives shine. A lot of people use a little combined with other products.

I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink] + hard-hold gel (BRHG on left; Abba firm hold on right). Pics were taken two days ago (on Easter Sunday).

BTW, I put these pics in my fotki as well, if you want to see larger versions of them. (It's kind of difficult to see detail in a thumbnail size).

WOW! You got a major haircut! It looks really pretty!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    msgiblet wrote: »

WOW! You got a major haircut! It looks really pretty!

Thanks, msgiblet! I chopped about 4 inches off the back and a little more off the front, just for a change. My Deva-trained stylist (Jannah) did a really good job so it really lays flat on the sides rather than poofing out, which I really feared. My husband misses the long hair, though, so I'll probably grow it out again.
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • JessinessJessiness Posts: 64Registered Users
    First of all, for more shine try rinsing your hair in cold water at the end of your shower. It works well for me, plus it gets rid of some frizz.

I've found a pretty good combination that makes my hair have really good shine. I just use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner for my leave-in and then scrunch in this gel I found at Aldi. It's called Shique or something like that, but it gives me TONS of shine and is really cheap, especially considering how big the bottle is. I would get some just to give it a try, even if it doesn't work it's only like $3 wasted.
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Jessiness wrote: »
    First of all, for more shine try rinsing your hair in cold water at the end of your shower. It works well for me, plus it gets rid of some frizz.

I've found a pretty good combination that makes my hair have really good shine. I just use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner for my leave-in and then scrunch in this gel I found at Aldi. It's called Shique or something like that, but it gives me TONS of shine and is really cheap, especially considering how big the bottle is. I would get some just to give it a try, even if it doesn't work it's only like $3 wasted.

Yes, it's Shique by Aldi.

It's a knock-off of Sally's GVP (only one ingredient different), which is itself a knock-off of Biolage balm. :)

So, anyone who has the Sally's GVP or the Biolage Conditioning Balm, it's pretty much the same as the Aldi Shique, so don't duplicate. (The ingredient in both the GVP and BCB that's missing in the Shique is Methyl-2-Octynate, which is a "fragrance, masking" sort of thing, so I'm guessing it's exclusion has no adverse effects on actual performance....dunno...
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=703885
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file