Relaxing just a portion?

mushroom_headmushroom_head Posts: 118Registered Users
I was wondering if anyone has experience relaxing/straightening (not sure of the difference) just a portion of hair?

There's at least three different textures in my hair -- a few fine and straight pieces around nape and temple, mostly a 2-3c around crown and finally, almost the same amount of very course, kinky straw-like texture around back of head. It is that last texture that poofs and gives me a mushroom head no matter how much I condition or tamp down. Overall, I have more hair than four average humans, and very course and thick to boot.

Since most of the frazzled stuff is hidden underneath, I though just straightening that portion would help with volume control. Any advice for this CG newbie? I just started last week and already noticed some bounce, so it's very encouraging. The frizz is another story! :roll:
Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My teenage daughter gets part of her hair relaxed twice/year (usually in December and May). She has really pretty wavy hair (kind of like a 2a), but she tends to get some frizzy strands just around the sides of her face, near her cheeks. So, she only gets those pieces around her face relaxed. It works out very well.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • mushroom_headmushroom_head Posts: 118Registered Users
    Thanks, that's good to know! I may try a DIY box from drug store. After a month of CG, I've had a total of 4-5 good hair days with manageable volume. It's worth a try since the odds have been against me!
    Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
    Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.
  • EPITOMEEPITOME Posts: 8Registered Users
    sure many women who wear weaves relax only the portion of their hair that they leave out. i used to do this as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file