TWIN CITIES Stylist

RupertsWifeRupertsWife Registered Users Posts: 492
I know there are a bunch of curlies in the Twin Cities. Where do you go to get your hair cut/styled. I have 3b/3c hair and have been to expensive salons and small ones too. I have never found someone that I completely trusted with my hair. Suggestions, recommendations, I would prefer a place that doesn't charge $50+ for a trim but if they're worth it, I'll pay anything. It's been almost a year since I've had my hair cut and it's starting to show just the slightest signs that it may be needing a cut soon.
I would dust myself, but I don't know how to do that. Help is appreciated :laughing8:.

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
:rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/crazycurlz21/
password:rupert

Comments

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Registered Users Posts: 64
    If you mean the twin cities of St Paul/Mpls. See Cleo at Haven salon on Hennepin Ave in Uptown. She is great. Has super curly hair herself. Cuts curlies dry. She took almost 2 hours to cut each curl one by one. She charges $50.00.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Registered Users Posts: 492
    Awesome! Thanks for the reference. When I am ready for a cut I will definitely check the place out. My hair has just gotten to the length that I'm happy with it so I think I'm gonna try to wait another few months before getting like 1/2 an inch cut off.

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    I go to Teresa at East 42nd Street Salon. Their prices are listed on their website. I think she charges $65, but she does a fantastic job and is very knowledgeable. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and think she's worth the four-hour drive each way.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • orangeserendipity32orangeserendipity32 Registered Users Posts: 313 Curl Connoisseur
    I totally here you on how hard it is to trust people! I have finally found someone I am happy with myself. I go to Carrie at Salon Stella in NE Mpls. Her and her friend co-own it and it has a great atmosphere (beautiful antiques, serve comp wine, good music, professional atmosphere, etc.). I have had my hair cut by her three times, and I have never been disappointed. She also does free in between haircut trims. You can book on-line, and it usually is necessary to book a month to two months ahead of time (she's a busy gal). She charges around $40. Moe is awesome as well, but she has only colored my hair.

If you are in the Saint Paul area, a lady I go to at my MAC counter highly recommends Zoe at The Rats Nest Salon on W. 7th St. The makeup artist I am referring to has the most gorgeous curly red hair. I actually just got my hair colored by Zoe today and I LOVE it! It is a really cute place. She told me she charges $39 for a haircut.
    2c?/low-med porosity/medium texture
    Cruelty Free & CG
    Winter Routine:
    Co-wash: As I Am or Nubian Heritage Indian hemp and Tamanu
    Low-Po: Acure Argan Oil and Pumpkin Mega Moisture
    Condish: Acure "
    LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers: Mop Top curling Custard, Max Green Alchemy scalp rescue sculpting gel, Dermorganics spray gel as finisher, SOTC w/ Curls passion fruit control paste
    Refresh w/: Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus hold and shine mist and jojoba oil
    DT:  A variety of Shea Moisture 

http://public.fotki.com/orange32
    pw=ringlet
  • threegracesthreegraces Registered Users Posts: 17
    Carolyn Long at E42nd. I went to Teresa twice before I saw Carolyn and I prefer Carolyn.

ETA: she also charges $65
  • brue0092brue0092 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Catlin at the Mezzanine on Franklin cut my hair until I moved to Texas the spring and she is awesome. She also only charges $30.
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Registered Users Posts: 492
    Thanks for all of the recommendations, I knew there had to be reputable stylists in this area.
    Maxs Mom wrote: »
    If you mean the twin cities of St Paul/Mpls. See Cleo at Haven salon on Hennepin Ave in Uptown. She is great. Has super curly hair herself. Cuts curlies dry. She took almost 2 hours to cut each curl one by one. She charges $50.00.

Update: Yesterday I went to see Cleo at Haven Salon and it was probably the best hair cut experience I've ever had. She did a deva cut and used Deva products and Morroccan oil on my hair. She took her time and was a pleasure to talk to. I will definitely go back to her. I am growing my hair out and just wanted to have my rough ends trimmed off and for the first time in my life that is exactly what I got. I got home and my husband said "I can't even tell you got a hair cut". I replied by thanking him and told him that was a great compliment :happy2:.

@Maxs Mom - Cleo wanted to know your name so she could give you a referral discount and I told her I only knew your screen name, which of course I couldn't remember when I was there. If you want next time you go in, tell her you referred Jennifer from NC.com.
    Thanks again!

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Registered Users Posts: 64
    Glad you had a good experience. My cut was 4 months ago and it still looks awesome..curlier that ever. I too am growing my hair (it is to the small of my back when wet) so I do not get it cut too often. My "real" name is Sue.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file