CurlTalk

Protein products in the UK?

My hair is medium/fine and recently suffering from breakage at the crown so I think I need to try adding some protein to it. Can anyone recommend a CG-friendly conditioner or protein treatment?

I heard about MOP Extreme Protein treatment and wanted to try it but I've had no luck finding it in the high street yet - do I have to buy it online?

Also, I'm a bit confused about how to tell which products contain proteins - I browsed around the conditioners in Boots and couldn't find a single bottle that claimed to be high-protein or had the word 'protein' in the ingredients. What should I be looking for? In the end I bought a bottle of vitamin-enriched conditioner instead, hoping it would do the same thing??!

Comments

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    My hair is medium/fine and recently suffering from breakage at the crown so I think I need to try adding some protein to it. Can anyone recommend a CG-friendly conditioner or protein treatment?

I heard about MOP Extreme Protein treatment and wanted to try it but I've had no luck finding it in the high street yet - do I have to buy it online?

Also, I'm a bit confused about how to tell which products contain proteins - I browsed around the conditioners in Boots and couldn't find a single bottle that claimed to be high-protein or had the word 'protein' in the ingredients. What should I be looking for? In the end I bought a bottle of vitamin-enriched conditioner instead, hoping it would do the same thing??!

Hi you can get Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner which is a protein co. Some heath shops have it or you can order on line. Look for ingredients starting with hydrolyzed as they are usually protein of some kind. I think you may have to buy the MOP on line - I've never seen it in shops HTH icon7.gif
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyhairmichuk%2F" class="Popup
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • metalhead_ukmetalhead_uk Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm going into town this weekend so I'll have one last look for MOP in John Lewis and then see what I can get in the health food shops.
    Your hair looks very similar to mine btw!