picking a Robert Craig color

curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 284 Curl Neophyte
I'm trying to pick a Robert Craig color. My natural hair is Dk Brown. I don't have much gray, but what I have is very resistant!
I'm looking for the color that will best cover the gray w/o making my hair too dark or black.
Their rep suggested #5, but I'm wondering if that might be too dark. I did use their #6 a year or so ago and it didn't get the grays much at all.
I'm interested in trying RC again though because I want a gentle hair color.

Does anyone have experience with their #5 color, and if so, how did it turn out?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I used to use #5 years ago, but I wanted to go lighter as I got more gray. I now use #8 or 7 and leave it on for 1 hour. This way is soaks into the grays without getting too dark.

Which color swatch looks closest to your haircolor? You'll want to choose a color about 3 shades lighter, and leave it on longer for resistant gray. You can also apply heat with a heat cap or hot towel over a plastic cap. LMK if I can help further, I've used his Color for many years! :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 284 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for your help! My hair is closest to their #4, maybe a tiny bit darker. When I used #6 I tried leaving it on for an hour and it still didn't really do much for the grays.
    But I'm concerned about 5 turning out black. I could mix the 5 & 6, I guess.
    curly01 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help! My hair is closest to their #4, maybe a tiny bit darker. When I used #6 I tried leaving it on for an hour and it still didn't really do much for the grays.
    But I'm concerned about 5 turning out black. I could mix the 5 & 6, I guess.

That being the case, you could try #5, just be sure to strand test for no surprises. I don't think it will turn black, I used it for several years and it was always med/dark brown. (my fotki pics around 2000-2002)

LMK what you do. :)
    nevermind. I realize I already mentioned the heat. You might try that too. Remove the heat 10-15 min before you rinse to cool the cuticle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file