My experience with Coppola keratin treatment

morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I had the Coppola keratin treatment done three days ago at Ulta. They are currently running an introductory offer at $175. I also had my hair colored at the same time. I thought I would let others know how it went for my 3B hair. First, the entire process took 3 1/2 hours (color/cut/keratin). It wasn't that bad of a process and I was not bothered by the smell at all (only seems like a coconut smell).
I absolutely love the color. I wasn't crazy about having to deal with stick straight hair for three days, but I managed and couldn't wait to wash it today. I only had to run the flat iron through a few times after waking up to smooth a few kinks.
I washed today with the Coppola shampoo and followed up with the conditioner. I have a heavy hand with conditioner (years of habit) and it seemed to take forever to get all the condish out of my hair. I also noticed a slight chemical smell when shampooing and it felt kind of waxy. I used some Boilage gel (again, I need to get use to using less product) and air dried. It didn't seem to cut down on my usual drying time, but then again I used too much gel for my "new' hair.
I would say that I am very happy with the results, but need to get use to styling my hair differently than my usual 3B routine. The curl is still there - I was very nervous about loosing too much curl. I would say I have loose 3A curls right now and no frizz. It feels amazing. I love the fact that I can touch it and run my fingers through it. I plan to only wash a few times a week to maximize the time. Hopefully it will last at least three months - it is expensive and it was so hard to hide out for three days!
I have also used Phyto Relaxer for the past three years (on and off) and as of now; I can honestly say that this feels superior. If anyone has any questions between the two - let me know. In the meantime, I am looking for any suggestions of styling products that people are using after having Coppola.
3B dark brown shoulder length
Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in

Comments

• urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    Did you use the Coppola over any portion of the Phyto'ed hair? I wondered how that would work in case I ever decided to spend the money.
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

• morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The last time I did the phyto (index 1) was five months ago. I'm not really sure how much Phyto was left in my hair because it was incredibly curly and frizzy prior to the Coppola. I always do the Phyto on the total head and never just do a re-touch. I was definitely at the point of either re-doing the Phyto or trying something new. I am very glad I went with the Coppola. Its been great so far - but I also felt like this when I first tried Phyto. So we'll see how long it lasts. I can not just air dry my hair without product like others seems to do - still takes time and I still have lots of curl. I wonder if my stylist left it on long enough. But, I still think its better than Phyto for me.
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
  • sarasmith1844sarasmith1844 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I had the Coppola keratin treatment done three days ago at Ulta. They are currently running an introductory offer at $175. I also had my hair colored at the same time. I thought I would let others know how it went for my 3B hair. First, the entire process took 3 1/2 hours (color/cut/keratin). It wasn't that bad of a process and I was not bothered by the smell at all (only seems like a coconut smell).
    I absolutely love the color. I wasn't crazy about having to deal with stick straight hair for three days, but I managed and couldn't wait to wash it today. I only had to run the flat iron through a few times after waking up to smooth a few kinks.
    I washed today with the Coppola shampoo and followed up with the conditioner. I have a heavy hand with conditioner (years of habit) and it seemed to take forever to get all the condish out of my hair. I also noticed a slight chemical smell when shampooing and it felt kind of waxy. I used some Boilage gel (again, I need to get use to using less product) and air dried. It didn't seem to cut down on my usual drying time, but then again I used too much gel for my "new' hair.
    I would say that I am very happy with the results, but need to get use to styling my hair differently than my usual 3B routine. The curl is still there - I was very nervous about loosing too much curl. I would say I have loose 3A curls right now and no frizz. It feels amazing. I love the fact that I can touch it and run my fingers through it. I plan to only wash a few times a week to maximize the time. Hopefully it will last at least three months - it is expensive and it was so hard to hide out for three days!
    I have also used Phyto Relaxer for the past three years (on and off) and as of now; I can honestly say that this feels superior. If anyone has any questions between the two - let me know. In the meantime, I am looking for any suggestions of styling products that people are using after having Coppola.

Just found your post...I did my Coppola and LOVE it. I also had 3B curls, so I'm using the Keratin infusion after every shower (they recommend once a month) and after each hair washing I'm deep conditioning with the Keratin Vanila bean deep conditioner. It's been working for the past 4 wks and still friz free and straight. I'm wearing it curly today for the first time to see and it's still curly but it falls better on my shoulders. I'll enjoy wearing it curly during the summer time. I only wash 2x per week b/c it keeps the keratin in longer and curly hair gets dried out w/more washing.
    Hope that helps.
  • misscurlygirlmisscurlygirl Posts: 28Registered Users
    hi. i had mine done at the same place as yours (Ulta) so maybe i'll have similiar results? i'm supposed to wash mine today, (its the 3rd day), but i really don't want to because i love the stick straight hair. i'm hoping it will still be straight when air dryed. my hair is really curly but not quite as curly as 3b, but definitely not 2a either. its really curly, not wavy.

llol. i guess i'll have to hope for the best when i wash it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file