Backless, Strapless, Adhesive Bras

hipchickhipchick Registered Users Posts: 350
Has anyone here ever tried wearing such a bra? I find regular bras to be very uncomfortable so this looks like it could be a great alternative.

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I have one. But I only use it for special outfits. It's a little more comfortable than a regular strapless or bustier type thing, and very freeing because you don't have to worry about any straps showing.

You need to wear these with an outfit that provides at least some support, because these have basically none.

I can't really see wearing one of these on a regular basis. They're not that much more comfortable than a regular bra. And there is the lack of full support mentioned — it would be hard to wear these with a looser shirt or blouse. Plus the adhesive wears out after so many uses, and these things are expensive to replace.

Why not try a tank with built-in shelf bra? It kinda depends on how big you are if you can pull this off, but if you can, they are super comfy.
  • hipchickhipchick Registered Users Posts: 350
    Wildhair thanks for sharing your experiences with this type of bra. It doesn't sound like it would work as an everyday bra. I was hoping it would work as with my scoliosis bras are very uncomfortable and I sometimes think they even make my condition worse. I guess my search is not over yet for an alternative bra to the typical ones out there.
  • IamDonnaIamDonna Registered Users Posts: 546 Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Yeah, I have one. But I only use it for special outfits. It's a little more comfortable than a regular strapless or bustier type thing, and very freeing because you don't have to worry about any straps showing.

You need to wear these with an outfit that provides at least some support, because these have basically none.

I can't really see wearing one of these on a regular basis. They're not that much more comfortable than a regular bra. And there is the lack of full support mentioned — it would be hard to wear these with a looser shirt or blouse. Plus the adhesive wears out after so many uses, and these things are expensive to replace.

Why not try a tank with built-in shelf bra? It kinda depends on how big you are if you can pull this off, but if you can, they are super comfy.

ITA
    I have one too.
    No support for the twins.
    :love1:3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
    Poo: Eulence moisture
    Co-wash: GVP CB
    Condish: GVP CB
    LI: KBB nectar
    Styler: CK CIAB
    Gel: BRHG
    DT: Curl Junkie
    Diffuse 70% dry
    http://public.fotki.com/IamDonna/

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/70_149/75_144/DSCN0395-vi573.jpg
    NEW PICS
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    Two types of bras that I find quite comfortable and supportive are - many of the racerback style bras, and a couple exercise bras that I adore and wear whether I'm exercising or not. Not the overly boob-squishing kind. These are like a cropped tank with extra spandex but not too much.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file