BKT and me

Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
So I bit the bullet and went to have a BKT treatment. I'd been thinking about it for a while and just decided to give it a go. It took almost 2 hours to do the entire treatment. My hair was washed and the stylist put the treatment in. My eyes burned a little at this stage but were fine when I closed them. She left me for about 20 minutes. Then she blowdried my hair straight. During this part I had to cover my nose and mouth with a towel and the stylist put on a mask as well. After that she went over my hair with a flat iron, and that was it... I was done. I also bought the La Brasiliana shampoo - she told me that conditioner without sodium sulfate/chloride was easier to find than shampoo... Which ones do you all use?

My hair looks twice as long today and feels so soft! I'm not supposed to wash it until Monday so will give you an update then! I'm not expecting it to be straight but even looser curls and no frizz would be amazing to have...
UK CG since: 1 October 2008
Hair type: 3A/3B
Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince

Comments

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    Keep us posted!!! I can't wait to hear from you!!
  • Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I washed my hair this morning for the first time since having the BKT and I was running late for work so I just rough-dried my hair (waved the hairdryer around aimlessly while running my hands through my hair) and I have to say I'm really pleased with the results. It's definitely not 'straight' but it has a nice loose curl to it. The best part about it is that it is so soft and manageable, and if I wanted to use the flat iron myself I could do it easily... I didn't add any styling products and I'm still happy with the results...
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    I didn't really like the La Brasiliana shampoo very much. The shampoo contains ammonium lauryl and laureth sulfates, which made my hair dry and frizzy. Right now, I use L'Oreal EverPure Moisture shampoo and conditioner, and since the shampoo is sulfate-free, my hair doesn't look as dried out. I'm probably gonna use the La Brasiliana shampoo and conditioner once a month or so for clarifying and deep conditioning, but once they're finished, it's L'Oreal EverPure all the way. I still use and love the La Brasiliana leave-in, though, but I have to unscrew it, pour it out, and rake it in my hair because it comes out as a gel, not a mist.
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I don't think you can get L'Oreal EverPure in the UK yet so I'm going to stick to La Brasiliana for now. I've asked a friend to bring me the Elucence shampoo/conditioner when she visits from New York next month!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file