Hair Growth Goals and Daily Routine?

EastAfricanBeautyEastAfricanBeauty Posts: 16Registered Users
Hey girls.....just wondering what your hair growth goal is (my hair is currently at my shoulder and my goal is my hips)

And what is your daily hair routine and whether or not you think it is working? ( i havent got 1 yet)

:hello2:
Shoulder lenght
3B Curly Hair
East African Beau

:love1::love2::angel12:

Comments

• alove15alove15 Posts: 27Registered Users
    my goal is arm pit length stretched. Right now its shoulder length. I stay in protective styles almost all the time. I only wear my hair out on special occasions (its out now for christmas with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink] in it:toothy8:). basically I spritz my hair with water and apply either my whipped shea butter or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]oyin whipped pudding[/buylink]. Then on the weekends i take out the style, wash, detangle, deep condition, and let it dry in large braids for stretch. When it is dry i take out the braids if i want to do a different protective style. i take 1 centrum multivitamin, 3000 mg biotin, and 2000mg msm sulfur. I also henna every 2-4 weeks. I have done 3 so far and I see nice results.my hair does not have as much breakage.
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    My hair is currently BSL stretched and SL dry. My goal is BSL dry. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it though because I have a ton of hair and I've never had it long since I've been natural.

My routine is kinda simple but it works. One a day women's, NOURISH hair vitamins, biotin, and MSM daily. Co-wash every 3-4 days. DT once a week. On wash days I apply a LI and then Ecostyler gel. Scrunch with a MF towel or CLU towel and plop for about an hr, then I air dry until its completely dry. Lately I've been wearing it up most of the time because its growing very unevenly and I don't want that to be visible.

This is working really well for me so far. I should also add that I've been poo less for almost 2 months now.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    My current length is sort of an angled pixie cut... I don't have a set goal yet but I will probably grow for a year, see if I like it, and re-evaluate!

My routine so far - vitamins and a lot of benign neglect.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    I'm currently at a weird kinda of grown out pixie. My ultimate goal is waist length but I have mini goals between where I am and waist. I'd be happy to get to a bob in the next few months.

Right now i co-wash every other day, low poo once a week or when I need it. Try to DT once a week which includes a nice scalp massage. Atm I tend to blow dry it when I have work to make it look respectable and clip up the back (it's growing faster there - so I have a mini mullet going on!) When I don't work I just let it air dry and do it's own thing.

I take a multi vitamin, MSM and amino acids supplements.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • AimWardAimWard Posts: 192Registered Users
    My hair is currently SL in its natural state and somewhere between BSL and Midback straight. My ultimate goal is arm pit or bra strap length natural state.

Right now I take Women's one a day (not for my hair, just because). My routine is fairly straight forward. Everything I do is cut down on manipulation and retain length.

Once a week I either poo my scalp (poo is used every 2 weeks) or co-wash with amla. I condition with either AOHSR, Giovanni SAS, or Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing conditioners. My leave-in is either Giovanni direct or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]. I detangle/deshed out of the shower with my fingers only (absolutely no combs or denmans), apply [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], and twist my hair into about 16 twists. The following day I take my twists out (they are usually about 85% dry @ this time). When my hair is completely dry, I seal and SOTC with shea butter.

My hair will stay fluffy and defined for 7 or more days as long as I put my hair into 4 big twists and cover with a satin scarf before I go to bed. I do not restyle, comb, brush or apply more product through out the week (I only restyle if I get extra sweaty @ the gym). I do oil my ends with shea butter every morning when I take my hair down and every night when I put my hair up. If my hair starts to get fuzzy, I simply wet (which reactivates the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]).

I do not pull my hair back or gel my edges into any sort of "protective" styles. I found pulling back causes breakage and thin edges in my hair (no matter how loose I do it). I wear twistouts 95% of the time and I only tie my hair up when I go to bed or work out (my scalp needs to breathe).

I use no electrical heat on my hair period (not even for occassional deep treatments, I use the old school hot towel or self heating thermal pads). If I need to speed up the drying process, I sit in front of a fan.
    I like my gels light, my oils heavy, my conditioners thick, and my curls long...
  • littlemoonlittlemoon Posts: 5Registered Users
    my goal is BSL natural, but I know it will take a while to get there. so my realistic goal is to be shoulder length natural by mid 2010- I'm transitioning, with shoulder length hair and 3 to 6 inches of new growth around my head. so I'm hoping!

my routine is a little flakey, but I'm starting to see results. I do a light poo once a week with a keratin shampoo my sis got after she got her bkt done, and then follow that with pantene pro v's beautiful lengths conditioner. I do a DT once a week, too. I take GNC skin nails and hair, but I'm switching to nourish when this bottles out. I also take a tablespoon of liquid silica a day, and eat one sheet of nori a day. I just started the nori and I'm excited to see if it helps!
  • urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    Hey, everyone! My current goal is just to see a curl again. :p

Seriously, I'd like to be bra strap length again. It's been about a year since I decided to try a lob, and I've been annoyed ever since.

I'm following loosely a book I read a few years ago, Grow Hair Fast, including:

-Daily scalp massage with an oil
    -Daily washing using a low poo
    -Vigorous towel drying
    -Brushing with a natural bristle brush
    -Vitamins
    -Meditation
    -At least 20 minutes of exercise, to get the blood flowing
    -No styling products, alcohol, 'cones, or any chemicals
    -Healthy diet with lots of protein and no caffeine.

Yes, I know, it's this routine is nowhere close to anything recommended for curlies, but I don't exactly have any hair to mess up at this point. And it's working. :)
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

• CarameliciousCaramelicious Posts: 65Registered Users
    Hello,

My hairgoal is BSL, midback-ish curly and dry.

My Hair Care:

~Shampoo 1x/week or 2x/month
    ~Conditioner wash every few days (usually every third or fourth)
    ~When I wear my hair down, I apply some more styling lotion for definition
    ~Deep Treatments every few weeks with warm oil (shampoo it out afterward) or a deep conditioner

That's it. It's pretty simple and I don't like messing with my hair too much. It usually takes me 5 minutes to do my hair after I step out of the shower. I'm laaazy!

• crazygirlslovecurlscrazygirlslovecurls Posts: 19Registered Users
    my hair is bsl and i want to get it to between bsl and my hips. i haven't had it even this long since i was 11. i co wash every other day or so. depending on how much running around i did the day before. i use pantene curl condish and pick through it with the CO in it then rinse it out. then i scrunch the most of the extra water out with my hands. theni add just a little pantene curl gel. then pick through it again (i like stringlets instead of clumps) then i add more jel and scrunch it in. then i use a plush towel to scrunch out the rest of the water. then i just go and let it air dry. every few weeks or when my scalp starts to feel oily i use curl.life shampoo just on my scalp. to sleep i put in all in a scrunched up bun on top of my head. if it looks okay in the morning i just go if not i rinse my hair and start from the jel part above
  • DAK81DAK81 Posts: 1Registered Users
    My hair is mid-back dry and almost waist length wet. I want to continue growing it until it's jut shy of waist length when dry.

Routine:

- Cowash 3x week.
    - Deep condition weekly.
    - Protein treatment twice weekly.
    - 1000mg MSM daily
    - 5000mcg Biotin daily
  • EastAfricanBeautyEastAfricanBeauty Posts: 16Registered Users
    Thank you all soooo much girls :D Got really good advice from you lot!! <3 ya all xxx:love5:
    Shoulder lenght
    3B Curly Hair
    East African Beau

:love1::love2::angel12:
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    @ Aim Ward: I see you co wash with Amla. How do you do this? Do you mix amla with your conditioner?

I've heard amla helps promote growth and strengthens/enhances curls. I really want to use it but I don't really know how.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • CuzzoercCuzzoerc Posts: 164Registered Users
    Well I want another 4 to 6 more inches so I guess another 12 months should get me there. this is me as of today.
    15570148034_ORIG.jpg
  • Jeijei_curlJeijei_curl Posts: 2Registered Users
    My goal is to waist length.
    It's at shoulder length right now and has been there for many years.
    I want to try vitamins but i can't swallow pills so it's hard to find chewables.
    Other than that, I've been using:

Gro aut oil (twice a week)
    Pureology shampoo and conditioner
    A wide tooth comb
    Boost Protein shakes
    trying to drink LOTS of water...
    and thats pretty much it.

I straighten it twice a week because I absolutely hate my hair. It's usually flat on top. :p
  • belizbeliz Posts: 11Registered Users
    Hey girls.....just wondering what your hair growth goal is (my hair is currently at my shoulder and my goal is my hips)

And what is your daily hair routine and whether or not you think it is working? ( i havent got 1 yet)

:hello2:

My hair is about a .5 inch away from shoulder length in the back and it stretches to the very tip of my nose in the front. I'd like to get to BL stretched and atleast full SL.
    My routine is currently pre poo with shea/coconut mix atleast an hour before washing and conditioning with renpure organics, detangle with suave coconut conditioner then spray in Juices and Berries by Oyin as a moisturizer, sealing it with shea/coconut mix.
    I then twist my hair and try *desperately* to leave it alone
  • BajanNikkiBajanNikki Posts: 19Registered Users
    My hair goal right now is happy shoulder length coily curls. Bced 3-4 weeks ago and my hair is maybe couple centimeters as is and 1.5 inches stretched.

So far I use a homemade poo weekly when I DC with Jason's Sea Kelp and co-wash mid week-ish starting out with an ACV. After both I usually follow up with some FSG and from time to time I mist some distilled water on my hair and it seems happy with that. I'm still working on getting more moisture in my routine though because I live in a tropical region.
    Cleansers: Dr.Bronner's Tea Tree Liquid Castile Soap or
    As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner.
    Deep Condish: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque w/ cold pressed Castor Oil
    Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot Today.
    Oil: Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir.
    Seal: Carol's Daughter Hair Balm.

The world is but a canvas to the imagination.-Henry David Thoreau
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    curledlove wrote: »
    My hair is currently BSL stretched and SL dry. My goal is BSL dry. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it though because I have a ton of hair and I've never had it long since I've been natural.

My routine is kinda simple but it works. One a day women's, NOURISH hair vitamins, biotin, and MSM daily. Co-wash every 3-4 days. DT once a week. On wash days I apply a LI and then Ecostyler gel. Scrunch with a MF towel or CLU towel and plop for about an hr, then I air dry until its completely dry. Lately I've been wearing it up most of the time because its growing very unevenly and I don't want that to be visible.

This is working really well for me so far. I should also add that I've been poo less for almost 2 months now.
    How many MG of Biotin and MSM are you taking with the Ultra nourish?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file