What are the different ways you can apply honey to your hair

???
I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.

Comments

• SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    The most common that I've heard of are....

Mix honey into conditioner (not in the bottle, mix just the amount you're using), don't rinse out completely

Mix a little honey with hot water and use as a final rinse (start with just a little honey, maybe half a teaspoon to a cup of water, to see how it works for you)

Mix a drop of honey into gel before applying gel
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • dumplings_of_doomdumplings_of_doom Posts: 65Registered Users
    thanks
    I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I put a couple of drops into my leave-in conditioner before applying it. I also make a spray for refreshing curls with water, a little conditioner, a couple of drops of honey and a couple of drops of jojoba oil.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlyjenn wrote:
    I put a couple of drops into my leave-in conditioner before applying it. I also make a spray for refreshing curls with water, a little conditioner, a couple of drops of honey and a couple of drops of jojoba oil.

I never thought of putting a little oil in a refresher spray. . . good idea! :D
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I tried honey with my conditioner for the first time today, and I think I used too much because it IS crunchy--but wow, it makes a big difference, my hair's shrunk up another half-inch (which is a lot when it's only chin-length), so it's that much curlier, and it smells nice! I like it!!
    I'm going to try a little in my gel tomorrow, experiment, see what works best. Definitely crunchy, though, particularly in the back where it's shorter. I should try molasses (if I can find some in the kitchen cupboard) because my hair is very dark.
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • xfancyxfancy Posts: 91Registered Users
    i add honey to my homemade deep condish.
    3c... and clueless pj
  • aeroheadaerohead Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi there, just thought i would mention that i happened upon the molasses whilst i was trying out the brown sugar mix, i bought the molasses by accident but thought i would give it a try anyway, i have dark brown hair and i noticed from the first wash that it really brought out the natural dark brown of my hair, it looks really chocolatey now!! try mixing it with coconut conditioner, it smells divine!!! and one other thing, i used to suffer with itchy scalp that i now know is the shampoo being too harsh for my scalp, now i have no itching, fantastic formula!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
    Last Haircut:17/1/07
    Ultimate Goal: To go as long as possible
    Products Used:coconut cowash, tescos own gel citrus spice whipped butter
    Hair Length:BSL
    NEW PHOTOS ADDED: 20th August'09
    http://public.fotki.com/aerohead/
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    aero- how did you use it ? in your condish or as rinse?
  • CurlyNatsCurlyNats Posts: 37Registered Users
    aerohead - I notice you're in the UK :) What is molasses? Is it what we'd call treacle, or am I getting completely confused??! :?

I use honey in my conditioner. I have very dark brown hair and haven't noticed any real change in colour - I know some people say it can lighten your hair. But I would be interested in trying the molasses out!
    Fotki PW:curly
    hi there, i just mixed it in with my everyday conditioner till it was like a paste, then i just smoothed it onto my head and in my hair, it really brings out the brown tones, then i just rinse it out and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, i love to mix the molasses with coconut conditioner, it smells diviine!
    CURLYNATS...... i went to tescos looking for brown sugar and i picked molasses up by accident, its in the sugar section anyway, comes in a packet like brown sugar and says molasses on it, it comes in a dark red packet, give it a try, i use it instead of shampoo, i mix it with coconut condish until its like a paste then smooth it on my head, and in my hair, it really makes a difference from using shampoo, i love it, it makes my dark brown hair really chocolatey looking, give it a try and let me know your results.xx gill[/quote]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
  • CurlyNatsCurlyNats Posts: 37Registered Users
    Thanks so much for this! I've been reading about mollases on here but didn't know what it was! I'm defintely gonna give this a try now :) x
    Fotki PW:curly
  • KaterinaKaterina Posts: 117Registered Users
    CurlyNats wrote:
    Thanks so much for this! I've been reading about mollases on here but didn't know what it was! I'm defintely gonna give this a try now :) x

CurlyNats, molasses and treacle seem to be the same from what I saw in the dictionary.

Here in the States, I've never seen molasses in a crystal form. It's a thick, viscous liquid that has slow flow. Honey flows more quickly than it.

I've known southern people here in the states to use 'lasses when they want to talk about molasses, especially those from the rural areas. Not always, but some do.

Was the molasses you bought in crystallized form, aerohead?

Thanks!
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.
    hi katerina, yeah i can buy molasses in crystal form, its exactly like brown sugar but a littel more moist, i have heard of molasses being like treacle, but have not seen in wet form, cheers..gill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file