How Much Time Each Day Do You Spend On Your Hair?

Well, almost every day that I shampoo my hair, I wash my hair, scrunch and put in other product, and blow dry upside down, then, I use a small barrell curling iron to define curls, alot for a more defined look of just a few for a more tousled look, that takes about 1 hour and a half minutes, then the next day I redefine with the curling iron (about 20 minutes) and the day after that I usually just do an updo with a few face framing riglets (about 10 minutes) Then it's time to shampoo again!

So, like, if I do the math I spend an average of about 45 minutes a day on my hair! Wow! Thats's alot of time for a teenager.

So, how much do you usually spend on your hair and how do you spend it?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
Typ 2b-3a Curls,
Using Catwalk Curls Boostser and Catwalk Curls Amplifier

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I can't say i count. but i estimated 20 minutes. 5 washing in the shower 5 for combing 5 for gel and other stuff and 5 for making sure it all looks ok lol
    3b-3c CG
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I'm not sure but I would also guess about 20. Probably about 5 in the shower, detangling and then eventually rinsing out the conditioner (a little more on the two days a week I CO wash), probably about 10 applying product, scrunching, clipping my roots, and plopping, then another 5 after plopping, to smooth on a little more product and srunch.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • embudiniembudini Registered Users Posts: 580
    30-35 :oops: :lol:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Syracuse, NYRegistered Users Posts: 5,656
    On the days I wash or wet (2-3 times a week) I spend around 15 minutes actively doing something to my hair: around 10 minutes in the shower to wash and detangle, then 5 minutes (or less) applying product after plopping. I plop for 30 minutes in between though, and then of course airdrying takes time.

On the days I don't wet my hair, it takes less than 5 minutes. I just take out my pineapple and smooth/scrunch some more product in if needed. Sometimes I'll pin a few pieces back.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks SF Bay Area, CARegistered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    PixieCurl wrote:
    On the days I wash or wet (2-3 times a week) I spend around 15 minutes actively doing something to my hair: around 10 minutes in the shower to wash and detangle, then 5 minutes (or less) applying product after plopping. I plop for 30 minutes in between though, and then of course airdrying takes time.

On the days I don't wet my hair, it takes less than 5 minutes. I just take out my pineapple and smooth/scrunch some more product in if needed. Sometimes I'll pin a few pieces back.
    Pretty much the same. I voted 5 min, since that's the daily routine. On the days I wash or rinse, it's about 15 min. But that's only twice a week. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Registered Users Posts: 279 Curl Connoisseur
    I voted half an hour because the washing/detangling/scrunching in product takes 10 min., after which my hair catcher looks like Chewbacca's prison. Then I have to leave it in a towel for 10 min. and then blowdry for 20 min. and maybe even spend 5 min. de-frizzing. On non-wash days I still have to spend 15 minutes moussing and diffusing and fussing, maybe even 20 min. So I guess it's an average of 30 min.

But I do have a few days a week where it stays in a messy bun for the entire day because I go to work and then home and don't go out again. So those days it's 30 seconds.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    My daily routine is about 15 minutes. Wet hair, condition, detangle, rinse, wring out water, apply styling products and air dry, on shoulder length hair. None of this takes long.

At night sometimes, I will apply conditioner and tie my hair back in a low loose ponytail.

DTs are about the same.

I spend more of my time scouting out new products, reading reviews and exchanging hair advice 8)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • KurleeKurlee Registered Users Posts: 1,354
    I voted 20/25 minutes. That includes washing it and everything.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Well, if I am air drying then 20 minutes tops. If I am diffusing, 45 minutes.
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Registered Users Posts: 371
    15 mins. Wash, rinse, leave-in (if needed) go!
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

http://public.fotki.com/cocoalily/
  • FidoGwenFidoGwen Registered Users Posts: 92
    There are some days I don't do a single thing to my hair. :P :lol: Some days I just spritz with LEO water, or honey water. Some days I spritz then add CO and/or gel. When I wash (every two to three days) I only take about 10 minutes from start (gathering all products and towel) to finish (putting away all products and towel).

I do a PT once a week, but that barely counts because I mix it up, put it in and let it sit, all in the shower. The mixing, putting in and rinsing out take less than ten minutes.
    I'm a 2something/3something. Started modified CG routine on 6/6/05
    Cut more than ten inches from my BSL hair on 8-10-05 and growing it long again
    But we're STILL adjusting. ;-)
  • DoodlesDoodles Southern MaineRegistered Users Posts: 1,984
    Not counting washing & conditioning, I voted around 45 minutes. Most of that time is plopping, then I scrunch in my products, diffuse and arrange. Then it's still another two hours before it's completely dry! :shock:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    I put half an hour. But it's broken up into co-washing (or wetting), conditioning, applying products then air drying. Then after it's dry I fluff it up, curl my bangs and the top 2-3 sections. So I figure minus the drying time, it's half an hour.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Registered Users Posts: 1,628
    I estimated 10-15 minutes. It's longer on the days that I wash it, but that's only 2 or three times a week. The rest of the time, it takes five minutes or less.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    I voted 30 minutes, shower is included.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • SuZenSuZen Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    About 10 minutes in the shower, which includes washing and shaving. Then about 5 minutes to put the styling products in and plop. I don't count the time spent plopping because I am doing other things. Then about 5 minutes of diffusing if I'm going to work. If I'm going to be home I don't bother.

So 20 minutes. It took a heck of a lot longer to straighten it, all those years ago when I was younger and stupider.
  • lazykerrilazykerri Registered Users Posts: 650
    I don't think 45 minutes is so much--especially for a teenager ;)

I think many of us (including myself) get lazy as time goes on and don't have the energy or patience to do all that styling. Also, if I used a hair dryer it would be with a diffuser and it takes longer (like forever). I'm glad I can wash my hair the night before (showering, shampooing, conditioning, shaving, etc. takes an hour at least). I let it air dry (several more hours) usually.

In the morning I use smooth on a leave in conditioner, scrunch, put in a ponytail and go (about 5 minutes). At work I pull two pieces of it back with a claw clip (about 5 more minutes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm lucky if I get 15 minutes, all in quick snatches, to get my entire SELF ready in the mornings! LOL

I'm a working mom, active at church, and very little time to kill!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • meegsmeegs Registered Users Posts: 354
    I voted 20-25 minutes. That's 5 minutes in the shower (average; it's less on days that I just need a bit of conditioner, more on days when I'm washing). Then 5 minutes to blot dry, scrunch, apply products, etc. Then 10-15 minutes of styling and fussing. Most days, a large majority of the styling/fussing time is spent diffusing my hair until it's at least partly dry.

Like SuZen, I don't include plopping time in that because I'm not actively doing anything with my hair. I'm actually getting other things done (makeup application, breakfast, etc.).
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Styling - 10-15 minutes tops - used to take longer.

Wetting or cowash - 5 minutes, 10 if I shamoo &condish
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SYBSYB Registered Users Posts: 305 Curl Neophyte
    My total time for washing, conditioning, and styling my hair lasts 30 minutes. I only do this once a week though. In betwen washings, it takes me roughly 10 minutes for me to style my hair each morning.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file