after flat iron product...

grace_okigrace_oki Posts: 18Registered Users
I know how to straighten my hair but i was wondering what products i can use so that I can keep it straight as many days as possible.*common drug store product plz.*-no biosilk, chi, redken-like stuff, they dont sell them here>>>
~im 1/2 black & 1/2 Japanese = frizzy, curly hair. ive had that from birth up until 6th gr. when a lady offered to Japanese straight perm my hair for free, of course i couldnt say "no" ! i was getting it done for 3 years( about 2-3x per year) until i came to my senses and decided to let my curly roots grow out-that took 2 yrs- on 8/24/2009 i finally cut my hair. Now its short and curly. "loving it" ~:love4:

Comments

• naturalnatnaturalnat Posts: 124Registered Users
    ic Straightening Serum is pretty good. You put it on before you flat iron and it keeps your hair straight and frizz free.
  • grace_okigrace_oki Posts: 18Registered Users
    naturalnat wrote: »
    ic Straightening Serum is pretty good. You put it on before you flat iron and it keeps your hair straight and frizz free.

Thanks but they don’t have that here. know any other products like sunsilk, frizz eaze type?
    ~im 1/2 black & 1/2 Japanese = frizzy, curly hair. ive had that from birth up until 6th gr. when a lady offered to Japanese straight perm my hair for free, of course i couldnt say "no" ! i was getting it done for 3 years( about 2-3x per year) until i came to my senses and decided to let my curly roots grow out-that took 2 yrs- on 8/24/2009 i finally cut my hair. Now its short and curly. "loving it" ~:love4:
  • PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
    grace_oki wrote: »
    naturalnat wrote: »

Thanks but they don’t have that here. know any other products like sunsilk, frizz eaze type?

Hmm, I can't help you directly BUT I can help you indirectly.
    Okay, first, list the ingredients in like the CHI and Biosilk straightening products. Then, compare those ingredients to the products you see in the store. Finally, buy whatever closely matches the CHI and Biosilk ingredients.
    You can also look up whatever is in the store and go online and find ratings on these products to determine what's best.

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
    It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can you buy Avon products online at www.avon.com?

I sometimes use an Avon product called Mark Salon Straight No-iron Smoothing Fluid with Invigorating Orange. You can use this after you blow-dry or flat-iron your hair, and it really keeps it straight and less-frizzy.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=536&dept_id=537&pf_id=8757

There is also a product called Mark Salon Straight Anti-Frizz Serum With Invigorating Orange.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=536&dept_id=537&pf_id=8757

However, I always use John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Answer Straightening Spray before I blow-dry my hair, and it seems to make it silkier.

All of these products have no silicones, so they are good for CGs.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • dmiller311dmiller311 Posts: 122Registered Users
    Are you willing to buy the CHI or Biosilk via the internet? I love that stuff. Makes my hair look salon styled.
    3c with some 3b in there
    Current Faves:
    Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In
    Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
    HE none of your frizzies
    Fantasia Hair Polisher Styling Gel
    Diez en Uno Super Conditioner

http://www.crownnglory.blogspot.com/

comic-p.jpg

• lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    Argon oil-buy online
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file