Need good flat iron

TLC1994TLC1994 Posts: 19Registered Users
I'm looking for a good flat iron, but unfortunately can't really afford a CHI, Sedu or GHD. Is there anything else out there that will work well on coarse, wavy hair (I'd say I'm a 2C). The one I have now (a WIGO) doesn't really take the frizz out, even on the highest temp. It's never really smooth, so I need something better. Please help. Thanks!

Comments

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    TLC1994 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good flat iron, but unfortunately can't really afford a CHI, Sedu or GHD. Is there anything else out there that will work well on coarse, wavy hair (I'd say I'm a 2C). The one I have now (a WIGO) doesn't really take the frizz out, even on the highest temp. It's never really smooth, so I need something better. Please help. Thanks!

I have the Revlon flat iron that has the large gold plates. Since the plates are wide, it straightens larger sections at a time. It never over-fried my hair and it gives a very sleek and shiny finish. Are you using any product? If so, use a smoothing serum or styling cream before blow-drying and after flat-ironing. HTH and good luck!
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use a T3 Tourmaline - Bespoke Labs - Narrow Wet-or-Dry - Flat Iron (1 inch). It is model # 83910-se. I really like it a lot.

It is kind of expensive though - $83.85 Here is a link to it: http://www.amazon.com/T3-Tourmaline-83910-se-inch-Narrow/dp/B001AD3CUG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1235215413&sr=8-2

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • wannabewavywannabewavy Posts: 57Registered Users
    Mine sounds very similar to Noracurl's. It leaves my hair soft and shiny when I do go straight. I tend to have static any time I straighten, but a little finishing cream when I'm done usually takes care of that.

FWIW, I'm a 2a/2b, low porosity, fine-medium hair.
    Grew up thinking I had straight hair that was just messy and in need of a good brushing.
    Discovered my true texture and transitioned to CG in April 2009.
    Now I'm a 2c/3a using the DevaCurl line, and I'm finally developing a deeper love for my hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file