Workout Clothes?

MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
Who's having trouble finding good workout clothes? Anyone?

I started running over the summer. I bought a pair of pretty inexpensive capris at Target, made mostly of a breathable nylon-like material. I don't like cotton, as it traps heat and sweat against my body and makes my runs that much more of a challenge. They have a fantastic pocket at the back of the waistband, where I can stick my iPod while I run. I quite like them, but damned if I can find them in the stores (or online) anymore. Of course they would discontinue them once I decide I like them. Harumph.

So, where do you shop for workout gear? I've looked a lot of places online, but they mostly want 40-60 bucks for the style that I like.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.

Comments

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a lot of trouble finding workout clothes. I was using target for a while, but cannot find a thing.

I just bit the bullet and go to Dicks Sporting Goods or JCpenney now. I can sometimes find name brands on sale. Nike is probably my favorite.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Do y'all have an Academy?
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    I'm still struggling to find the perfect workout bottoms. I picked up some moisture wicking racer back tanks at walmart on clearance that I really like, but for bottoms I'm at a loss. I'm 5'4 so between petite and average...averages are too long and petites are too short and weird in the rise for me. seriously considering becoming the pantless runner :batman:
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    My friend swears by Costco workout clothes. I'm not sure if its the same stuff in all Costcos, but it might be worth a look.

I ended up splurging on some capris and pants from Running Room.

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    bummer no Costco here, Sam's?
    I can't justify spending that much on clothes that I'm going to sweat and get all nasty in. kwim? however with winter coming around, I will invest in some better winter running wear. probably from running room
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781
    Mamacurl3 wrote: »
    bummer no Costco here, Sam's?
    I can't justify spending that much on clothes that I'm going to sweat and get all nasty in. kwim? however with winter coming around, I will invest in some better winter running wear. probably from running room

May be worth a try. I really like adida's but can't stand to spend so much on them. Seriously. I'm going to be sweating and dropping water and getting dirt on them.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    I have been loving my capri workout pants from Under Armour. I got them at Dick's Sporting Goods for around 50 bucks. That may be more than you want to spend, however they are great quality and are made from a great moisture-wicking material. They even have a small rear zip pocket for an iPod. I also have 2 pairs of Under Armour's 2-inch inseam compression shorts for the warmer months. These are the capris:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3430423&cp=2367438.2367454.2791768.2791770.2806306

I get my Champion jog bras at Target and usually have good luck with tops there. I wash my workout clothes every day and I find that the better quality pants especially, hold up better and longer than the cheaper brands.

Congratulations on being a new runner! :flower:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I was going to suggest Academy Sports if you have them in your area. Also, Kohl's has some great workout gear. Did you check eBay too?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • jamaica68jamaica68 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Burlington Coat Factory also has some inexpensive workout clothes.
  • Guyanese.PrincessGuyanese.Princess Registered Users Posts: 52
    Just the thread I was looking for. I need to invest in some good workout clothes since I can't run around in b-ball shorts throughout the winter
  • StellarCurlsStellarCurls Registered Users Posts: 159 Curl Connoisseur
    I raided the Nike.com clearance when I started working out--if you do a Google search, there's a coupon around for 25% off clearance items. I got four sports bras, two pairs of pants, a pair of capris, a pair of shorts, and two nice shirts for maybe $160, with free shipping!
    APL 3A
    Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
    Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file