acne.org regimen

SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
Does anyone use Dans regimen? I have been using it now for about 3 weeks and my acne cleared up so fast! For the first time since I started wearing makeup 18 years ago, I actually went without foundation this past week. I put the tiniest bit of concealer on my undereye circles, and then my eye makeup. I know others have posted about this before, and was just wondering if others have had the same results....did or didn't work, thoughts, etc?????

Comments

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I used this regimen for a few months. Like you, it cleared up my skinr eally fast! Unfortunately, over time, I found it really drying --- clear skin with dehydration wrinkles wasn't really my cup of tea.

About a month ago, I switched to the oil cleansing method, using 75% castor oil and 25% EVOO and now my skin is nearly flawless and really well moisturized. All the lines that I was getting around my eyes from having really dry skin disappeared.

It's funny that two methods of skin care that I originally read about here have been a heck of a lot better than anything a dermatologist has given me to use.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Where can I find more info on the OCM? My face hasn't gotten really dry yet, but I can see it becoming a problem and I don't want my slight laugh lines to look worse.
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here's a link that's helped me SO MUCH!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5612&highlight=OCM

good luck!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Benzoyl Peroxide is extremely irritating and drying for most people. It does do a good job of killing the bacteria that causes acne, but it doesn't exfoliate very well, so most people using just BP will get very flakey and dry...yet will probably still have oily skin.

If you do want to try the acne.org BP regimen, I suggest you alternate the BP with salicylic acid. SA is a great exfoliator and is not as drying as BP. Don't use a drugstore SA though. They don't have a high enough concentration to do much of anything. I love this SA:

http://www.go2skin.com/product_p/e40-2.htm
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    PookyGuide wrote:
    Where can I find more info on the OCM? My face hasn't gotten really dry yet, but I can see it becoming a problem and I don't want my slight laugh lines to look worse.

It freaked me out, seriously. It's like I aged 10 years overnight. :(

Thankfully they went away as soon as my skin was moisturized again. I don't use BP at all anymore, but I do use a very light acid cream on my skin every day to exfoliate. I think it makes a big difference.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Do any of you put lavender in your oil mix? Do you do it once or twice a day?
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    I have been on the acne.org regimen for about a year - I love it! It has done wonders for my skin and I'm so thankful for it.

Before I started the regimen, I was doing the OCM... not good. At first I thought it was working, but then I got bad cystic acne on my cheeks that took months to clear. :( I recommend extreme caution when trying the OCM; I really regret doing it!
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • razicellirazicelli Posts: 139Registered Users
    I second curly_princess.
    I was one of the participants of the OCM posts here and while it was wonderful for 2 weeks (toned, balanced, soft skin), after that time, I broke out bad! I stuck it out for about 1 month before I stopped. I was already clear from using Tazorac before and I had continued to used it while on the OCM method. It took me 4 months to clear back up.

About the benzoyl peroxide use. It does work. I can't use it anymore as I became allergic. However, while I did use it, I was clear. It can be drying. Once you are clear from it and you are maintaining it, use a light moisturizer for day and a moderate one for night. The silicone based ones go on without feeling greasy and don't contribute to oiliness as far as I've experienced. You can also try just applying some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the eye area like you would an eye wrinkle cream.

Good luck.
    Here is the link for the OCM thread
    http://www.naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48650
    pw: wavehead
    3a/3b, 2b underneath M/Ciii, coarse crown
    HG: CK
    Currently BRHG, SIF
  • stars629stars629 Posts: 84Registered Users
    I third what curly_princess has said- I used OCM for a month, and had horrible acne afterward. I switched to the regimen and my skin has been clear...clearer...clearer... you get the idea! so proceed with caution with the OCM. I really feel like it only works for certain skin types.
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
    B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I also had a really bad experience with the OCM! :( It seemed to be working great at first, my skin was really clear. Then after about a month I started noticing tons of blackheads in places I never get them, and a lot of zits in places I normally don't break out. I had to stop a few weeks ago, but I'm still stuck with crappy skin. Uggh. I haven't tried the acne.org regimen, but it doesn't sound all that different from what I already do...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I started getting broken out from the OCM, but I solved that problem by washing away the oil with my black soap. Black soap is really gentle and thoroughly cleansing, so it works well!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • noellenoelle Posts: 377Registered Users
    The baking soda part of the regimen works for me. Every week or two I use it as a mask/exfoliant after I wash my face. Dan recommends letting it sit for 5-10 minutes then rinsing with cool water. It's inexpensive, it leaves the skin smooth, and it doesn't create new blemishes. :D
    2C top/3A&B underneath. Activate Hydrating Conditioner, Jessicurl products.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    there's a sulfur soap by dermaklear you can buy at whole foods that is good for those that can't use bpo....
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Reviving this old thread. Has anyone used the acne.org AHA+ product? After looking for Alpha Hydrox products at my local Walgreens and CVS, I gave up and just ordered this online for DS. Hoping that it will help fade some of his acne marks and he can use it as a spot treatment too. Acne.org website says spot treatment, moisturizer and body treatment (for chest, bacne, etc.)
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • krm0789krm0789 Posts: 34Registered Users
    Curls2grow, I haven't tried it but am interested in it. I've been looking at drugstores for a while now but haven't found anything. Let me know if you like it!
    yes, I will post back after I try some of the AHA+ for a while.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think this is what my son's been using (the acne.org regimen and the AHA+) for about 8 or 9 months now, and his face looks better than it did when he was on accutane. I need to ask him next time he comes home for a visit.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    DS has been using the AHA+ for about 2 weeks now. He loves it!

He was complaining that even with an prescription oral antibiotic (yes, I know it's not a good idea to go that route) and his prescription Aczone cream, he had some angry red marks and his skin was not smooth. I thought his skin was looking wonderful compared to what it looked like before we started him with a dermatologist. I told him to alternate nights of AHA+ then Aczone. He is so impressed with the improvement in his skin that he keeps wanting to show me every morning! :) He says it's great stuff, doesn't sting him, and is non-drying.

I wanted to try some of the AHA+ too. So DS put some in a little sample container that I had. It stings slightly for the first couple of minutes after application. Not uncomfortable for me, but definitely noticeable. I haven't used it enough to see a difference for me, but there may have been a tiny bit of improvement in some raised marks on my face (which I know will simmer down with more time). This is my week before I get my eyebrows waxed so I am laying off the AHA experiments until after that happens.
  • peaches1975peaches1975 Posts: 211Registered Users
    I use Dan's BP, AHA+, cleanser, and only occasionally his moisturizer. I sometimes use other cleansers, like my hair, sometimes my skin has different needs. I also use OCM but only once a week or less to remove blackheads.

Word of caution about Dan's AHA+: use sunscreen! New virgin skin is now exposed and can burn regardless when you last used AHA+!

That all said, I love Dan's AHA+. It does a great job of exfoliating and helps reduce the redmarks after the pimples are gone. Any new pimples that come up during the use of AHA+ I've noticed don't leave redmarks for as long as the marks that occurred BEFORE going on Dan's regimen. Weird.
    2aFii, low porosity, :love4: protein!
    Color treated (blonde, but darned grays!)
    COwash: Suave, V05, Salon Care Honey Almond
    CO: GVPCB, LVNPG, GFTN, HSH Pumpkin, Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    DTs: Lustrasilk SM, GVPCB
    PTs: Aphogee 2-step, ION Effective Care inbetween
    LIs/Stylers: Any of my COs, FSG, EcoStyler Krystal, LOOC, shea butter to SOTC

http://public.fotki.com/peaches1975/
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do a modified version of his regimen but still keep the cleanse, medicate, moisturize steps. I just use 10% benzoyl peroxide, Basis sensitive skin bar cleanser, and Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion (with AHA).

It works great!
    Thanks for that info, peaches. I will tell DS about the AHA+ and sunscreen part, especially in the summer. During the school year, unfortunately, he is barely outside.

I use s/s every morning anyway, so I'm thinking I will be OK.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file