A Heavy Heat Protectant

Ok so I am in need of a heat protectant or something I can put on my hair after I flat iron it, to weigh my hair down as much as possible! MY hair tends to expand after it's straightened and get bigger, I want something that will weight my hair down a lot and make it bone straight, sort of like straight Asian hair. Normally when I straighten my hair I use Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide, the last time I'm not even sure what the lady put on my hair..it was some water based product and I tend to lean more towards oil-based heat protectants because they seem to make my hair feel more silky and look shinier. So if anyone could recommend a heat protectant that would weigh my hair down, or something that I could put on after I straight my hair to weigh it down, would be great! Thanks!
CG Since Nov 2008 and Currently using:
Co-wash: VO5 strawberries and cream
Conditioner: Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberries
Gel:Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites(only use when pulling my hair back in slick ponytail)

Follow Me on Twitter~~~~~>www.twitter.com/CourtneyAllenW

Comments

• CoilyDelta27CoilyDelta27 Posts: 202Registered Users
    Try Sabino Moisture Block as a heavy heat protectant (silicon based, no water) and a dab of Castor Oil for shine and weight. Works like a charm! Hope this helps!
    youtube (reginadwright) :afro:
    Pre-Poo: EVOO/TJTingle Poo: KCCC Cowash:As I Am/Mielle Organics Condish: EVOO/Aussie Moist Leave-In:KCKT Moisturizers: Qhem AOHC Sealants: Grapeseed/Apricot Oil/FlaxGel

event.png

• countrygurlcountrygurl Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I C Fantasia serum is very heavy..
  • JaniceMaxsonJaniceMaxson Posts: 1Registered Users
    My mother used Blue Magic as a heat protectant when she would press my new growth (with a stove pressing comb) between relaxers and as a natural today she uses it as a protectant to straighten her own hair...and suffers no heat damage (that we have seen ) . I, myself, have not tried it but plan on doing so in the future...
    I'm working at best dissertation writing service, and we made researches on this topic. Chemicals in styling industry are really harsh. But Blue Magic is good enough.
  • chickittenchickitten Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been using Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum (silicone based) for years now and still have it and use on the rare occasions I do straighten or curl. If you want to try it out you can try GVP's version (Generic Value Products) version of the Skinny Serum that is identical in formula to PM but much cheaper at Sally Beauty. I also have tried It's-a-10 Leave In Lite (white bottle) for when I straighten/curl and it's worked fairly well in calming/weighing down unruly pieces. They have their original Leave in (blue bottle) that's their most popular and the Silk version (purple) that I can assume is their most heavy formula.
    :cat:
    2C/3A. med-high porosity. waist length. balayaged. LI - Curl Keeper - G.:duckie:
    My Faves
    [*]S: SM ABS. SM Manuka Honey. Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying[*]Condish: GVP Cond. Balm
    [*]Gel: CURL KEEPER! (alone or under the following:), LA LOOKS Sport/Mega
    [*]Cream: SM CES
    [*]LI: As I Am LI
    [*] PT: Aphogee 2-step (1x Month), ION EC (discont.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file