BKT and henna- urgent!

dozzdozz Posts: 8Registered Users
hello everyone,
i think - and i hope i dont change my mind reading through the forums! - im going to get a BKT vvery soon, i was wondering if i put henna on my hair and then did the treatment after 2 weeks will it work? i know henna coats the hair, so im afraid the treatment wont take effect and my stylist does not have a definitive answer!
im a 3b by the way, who cannot seem to lock the moisture in her hair :confused3:

thanks everyone and,
be well

Comments

• frizzbizzfrizzbizz Posts: 1Registered Users
    2 weeks after the treatment since the color will not deposit as effectively with the protein protective barrier delivered by the smoothing treatment. If you decide to color your hair in advance dark brunette or red, they advise you to color it a shade darker, because the BKT will cause the color to fade. This is the information that I received from the Brazilian Blow-out website. You can always contact them at [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial]1-877-779-7706 to answer all of your questions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial]For the record, I had the Brazilian Blow-Out on Friday. I have fine, thick, voluminous 3B curls. I had my hair colored brown and highlighted blonde 3 weeks ago. The treatment did not fade my color. Think Tina Turner in the "What's Love Gotta Do With It Video". That's how big my hair is. The treatment took 3 hours. It still took my hairdresser 20 minutes to blow dry and 15 minutes to flat iron my hair stick straight. I now have Jennifer Aniston's soft, sleek, shiny and frizz free mane. I've gone to the gym and was impressed because my hair did not poof out like it normally does after a work-out. Don't get me wrong I've had to touch up my hair with a flat iron because my hair did have a slight curl on the ends but it only took me 5 minutes to do. I have not washed it yet. People have complimented me on how my hair looks, but can't figure out what I did to it. Would I spend the money to do it again? I don't know. The price was really expensive, but my salon was having a deal so I thought I try it once and see how I'd like it. The jury is still out, I am curious to see how my hair looks air dried.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial]If you are looking for products to help moisturize your hair. I highly recommend the moroccan oil treatment, masque and shine spray. They have worked wonders on my hair. I also like Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner, Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner, Enjoy hydrating shampoo and conditioner and L'Anza Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream Shampoo. HTH!

[/FONT]
  • MokahDeeLyteMokahDeeLyte Posts: 132Registered Users
    I would do any color treatment before the BKT since it works on processed hair better. Now for henna, it strips the BKT it happenned to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file