excited? help please..

S for SuccessS for Success Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey ladies!
Okay so I started taking msm and biotin a couple months ago and so far so good, i have definitely seen substantial growth. HOWEVER! My hair seems to be thinner and changing to a straigher texture in the back. Idk what the heck is going on.

Has this happened to any of you?

Is there anything I could do to make my hair grow thicker as it grows longer?

i'm also doing a no heat challenge for 6 months [if that makes any difference]

Comments

• sillycurlzsillycurlz Posts: 54Registered Users
    same thing happens to me too. i've read from other hair sites about women taking MSM and it's turned thier hair type up to one or two levels. one girl took them and made her go from 4a to 3c. It's something in MSM that makes the hair softer. i've gone from a 4b to a 4a w/some 3c.

may i ask what MSM brand are you taking and how many dosages are you taking? Are you taking MSM in powder form or pill form?
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    Hello,

I take Jarrow MSM capsules and I noticed from the nape of my neck to the crown of my head my hair has grown in differently. My nape has always been looser... There is an even more dramatic difference since I have added silica.
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• S for SuccessS for Success Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sillycurlz wrote: »

may i ask what MSM brand are you taking and how many dosages are you taking? Are you taking MSM in powder form or pill form?

i take GNC MSM 1500mg. It's a pill, which I have never really been a pill taker, so it's kinda large

thanks you guys! glad i'm not the only one, i was getting nervous that my regime was being detrimental.

have any of you ladies henna'd for thickness?
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    I haven't used henna, but I use other ayurvedic herbs like brahmi, bhringraj, etc...
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• eyesthatlieeyesthatlie Posts: 261Registered Users
    PrettyCurls, do you take silica in the capsule form?
  • S for SuccessS for Success Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ohh.. prettycurls what do you do with the herbs? and how have they helped you on your hair journey?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file