How to figure out hair type?

coshun2003coshun2003 Registered Users Posts: 199
I wanted to know when do you figure out what your hair type is. I have been transitioning for 5 month now and am having difficulty untangling my new growth. I figure that if I knew my hair type maybe it would make it easier to care for. I don't plan to big chop until after my December 6th wedding but I'm getting frustrated with the two textures. Sorry for the hugh pics.

8aea37079a729fea1c17a8a9e2d93bab_m

9f8a0102377dba008650e2cf3b1d846f_m
:love1:3c/4a Hair
Last Relaxer: April 25, 2009
BC: December 20, 2009
5yrs Natural
2nd BC planned for 6yr Naturalversary

Comments

• helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,632
    You won't know until you do the BC. Relaxed hair tends to weigh down new growth, etc. so typically, NG doesn't look like what your hair would look like once you BC
  • coshun2003coshun2003 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I just need to find ways of keeping it moisturized.
    :love1:3c/4a Hair
    Last Relaxer: April 25, 2009
    BC: December 20, 2009
    5yrs Natural
    2nd BC planned for 6yr Naturalversary
  • cassadie3cassadie3 Registered Users Posts: 506
    I found that a good deep condition really worked for me in detangling both my new growth and relaxed ends. Specifically the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Rapid-Recovery-Treatment-p-754.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-rapid-recovery-treatment]Miss Jessies Rapid Recovery Treatment[/buylink]---it really was a miraculous difference!!!

Cb

_____

Natural Selection::The Evolution of Whats Going on In and On My Head:: My blog where I'm processing letting go of processed hair:: naturalhairselection.blogspot.com
    :::::::joie de vivre:::::::
    last relaxer: November 2008
    big chop: November 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    4a, fine, dense, teeny weeny coils with low porosity

• FoufieFoufie Registered Users Posts: 9
    I am growing my hair out of a Asymmetrical bob and the back of my hair was shaved (faded). It is all growing out now and have not had a relaxer in about 6 months. Can I figure out my hair type using the back of my hair where there has never been any relaxer?
  • BlkBeauty85BlkBeauty85 Registered Users Posts: 11
    I was actually thinking about transitioning using a slanted bob w/ a short back. How is it working? Do you have a picture posted that I could see?
    Last Relaxer: May 2009
    BC Estimated: May 2010
  • FoufieFoufie Registered Users Posts: 9
    I have actually been wearing braids while letting grow out. I have trimming a bit here and there to even it out gradually. I have been wearing braids due to it being horrible to manage. But since I have on the boards I have read about some products that may help me out. I will post my progress. But that won't be a for a few weeks. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file