W Salon in Rhode Island?

jillipoojillipoo Registered Users Posts: 3,795 Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried this place -- or know of another place in Rhode Island that understands curls? I'm looking for a salon for my mother.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Comments

• kayaellekayaelle Registered Users Posts: 301
    Hi jillipoo... I don't know if you're following this or not, but I'm going to W Salon this week to get my first curly cut and will report back on my findings :)
    Rhode Island - New England curly
    2c-3a/F/i (Fia), shoulder length, need it cut!
    Mod-CG since 10/09 - over 1 year!!

Cleanse: Suave condish, WF 365 lavender poo, soap, BS/ACV
    Leave in: KCKT, CJ CF
    Current winter stylers: CJ SG (HG!), AOMM, Boots, ALWAYS top w/ BRHG
    PT: AOGPB, Emergencee, CJ CF
    Diffuser dependent!
  • jillipoojillipoo Registered Users Posts: 3,795 Curl Neophyte
    I sure am! :) My mother ended up going to this one:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons/view/1265
    and is totally delighted with Dawn and with the price she charges (I've forgotten what it was but it was definitely reasonable).

But by all means, please post about your experience with W Salon! Always good for my mother to have a back-up....

Good luck!
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

I will let you know how it goes. And I'll keep Ani's in mind too. My husband used to live in that area and I must have driven by a million times!

I don't know if your mom had this frustration, but I feel like I had to really search for a salon that would cut curly hair in RI... I almost went up to Fringe in Salem, MA or Cala Renee in Beverly, MA.

Diffuser dependent!
    My mom has been very frustrated with the hair stylists in the Rhode Island area for years. None of them seemed to have had a clue about cutting curly hair. Admittedly, she is not willing to pay more than $50 or so for a haircut, so she's probably not considered a lot of places who'd cut her hair the way she wants it done. But for years, she has been trying various places and never found one -- until Ani's. She's very pleased with her cuts there. Plus, it's about a quarter mile from her house!

I share her frustrations. My husband's cousin introduced me to CG and Lorraine Massey's book a few years ago. I half heartedly tried to cowashing thing but cut out cones and sulfates but still lowpooed every day. My cousin in law got her hair cut by a woman who did a great job just doing a normal wash and cut wet thing, and it was fine for awhile, but recently the style got old. Since I'm now doing the "full fledged" CG routine, I definitely want a cut that shows off my curls.

These other cuts cost me $55, which I'm willing to pay if I'm going to get a good cut. I have always been cheap with haircuts... my cousin's friend cut my hair for awhile for $15. You sometimes get what you pay for though. I think W Salon charges $60, but there's a 20% off coupon for new clients on citysearch which I'll be bringing :)

So Ani's was probably under $50?

Diffuser dependent!
    Yes, I'm sure it was. I can confirm exactly what she paid and get back to you, though, if you are seriously considering going there.... Feel free to PM me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file