CurlTalk

Hair length goals

afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
Before joining NC I never had hair to my shoulders and I thought if my hair was shoulder length, I'd be super happy. Now it a few inches past my shoulders then I said well if I can get to APL, I'd be the happiest woman in town. It looks like I will hit tha goal(with my lowest layers) before the year is up. the more I see Black women with long healthy hair, the longer I am willing to have mine.

With APL on the horizon, I said I think if my hair was BSL that would be more than enough hair for me, then I get on youtube or LHCF and I say well midback doesn't seem too difficult. Now I am like I think I will let my hair grow until it decides to stop...

Anyone else experience this? Share your hair length goals.

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    You my dear have hair anorexia LOL
    Welcome to the club!

You will especially get it by going to the LHCF forum. I think my hair is long, go there, I feel bald LOL

I'm MBL now. My goal is waist length. I think that's my goal. My goal last year was BSL but when I got there I thought my hair was short. :tongue1:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    I don't want really long hair (had it b4) but I'd love to have big hair that grows out. I doubt if I'll ever get there. My fine strands always flop down :( When I get enough hair to do twist/twist outs and braids/braid outs, I'll be happy. I just want to do something other than WnGs.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RonnieajRonnieaj Posts: 304Registered Users
    My (current) goal is arm-pit length, unstretched. I think that's all the hair I can handle!!! I know I'll be tempted to get to BSL once I hit APL, but by the time I hit APL, knowing my hair, I'll be in my mid-30s with kids and won't want to spend the time on more. I saw a lady on LHCF with shoulder length unstretched hair similar in curl and texture to mine; she straightened for her birthday and that puppy is waist-length! I don't even WANT to know what APL straightened would be.
  • Lotsa_TanglesLotsa_Tangles Posts: 128Registered Users
    I don't really have a specific length goal in mind. I just want enough hair to do alot of styles with. APL or somewhere around there would be good, I think. I can't see myself past BSL though, I don't have the patience for all them tresses, lol!!

LT
    The blog of a non-blogger: www.naturallytia.com
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    the longest I've had my hair was hip length while natural and bsl while relaxed. I was little when my hair was hip length and then I got my first relaxer and it was all down hill from there. Everybody I know has almost the same life story to tell about their hair, "when i was little my hair was long and thick but then I got a relaxer and it fell out".
    I want apl unstretched and hip length stretched. pictures of my desired length are in my siggy. the picture of the straight hair is not hip length, I couldn't find a picture of afro hip length hair.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    i want at least BSL, WL at best, when stretched. I don't want to go over board.Also, i am rather short(5 foot 3), so i don't want to look like cousin it.
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:
  • newmenewme Posts: 141Registered Users
    I would love apl unstretched. I would also be happy with bsl stetched. I have a LONG LONG way to go. Especially since as of right now, I don't even have enough hair to put in a pony tail!
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    newme wrote: »
    I would love apl unstretched. I would also be happy with bsl stetched. I have a LONG LONG way to go. Especially since as of right now, I don't even have enough hair to put in a pony tail!

same here!!
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:
  • TiggileneTiggilene Posts: 232Registered Users
    I want hair to the floor and out the door...:tongue10:
  • LuvvTiffanyLuvvTiffany Posts: 18Registered Users
    My goal length is below shoulder to shoulder length unstretched hair which I hope is about BSL or MBL once stretched. I think that I would be able to handle that much hair. All I really want is a pony puff, though. Hopefully, my goals will be achieved in three more years.
  • NappNapp Posts: 180Registered Users
    my goal is to reach TBL. I have a year and a half to go!
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    mariag002 wrote: »
    Welcome to the club!

You will especially get it by going to the LHCF forum. I think my hair is long, go there, I feel bald LOL

I'm MBL now. My goal is waist length. I think that's my goal. My goal last year was BSL but when I got there I thought my hair was short. :tongue1:

wanting extreme length is new to me. I have been about MBL for a long time. I thought my hair was long til I started frequenting LCHF. Now I want WL. We shall see.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
    mariag002 wrote: »
    Welcome to the club!
    Say it aint so maria, that's what i was afraid of. I just felt it was all this awesome hair was motivation
  • cayisha_azulcayisha_azul Posts: 234Registered Users
    When I first did my BC I wanted back length hair. Now that it has grown, I'm not anxious for more hair. I have enough hair to do as it is. I'm comitted to enjoy every stage. And if ever I feel like it is too much, I will just cut it off and start over. I already miss my super short hair.
    Current Regimen: I am doing protective styles for the winter. Two Strand Twists and Twist Outs. Wet hair in the middle of winter is not cute.
    Favorite Products: Komaza Care Coconut Line, Kinky Curly Line, and Africare 100% Glycerin
    Never Again: Carol's Daughter, Miss Jessie's, Garnier Fructis, Hot Oil Treatments
    Hair Type: Texture-Spongy, Strand Size-Medium, Curl Pattern-I in the front, O in the middle, and S in the back. 4a
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    I'll be satisfied with MBL hair unstretched. I was half way there too but I let a scissor-happy stylist go wild. :(
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I would say bsl stretched and at least sl unstretched.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    My goal is to have armpit length hair when it's in it's natural state. So what is that? About bra-strap or midback length. But who knows... Some parts of my hair is now shoulder length and I only had an inch of hair in January. Unfortunately, it shrinks up to neck length in it's natural state.
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • SweetAmbrosiaSweetAmbrosia Posts: 29Registered Users
    My ultimate length goal is hip-length. Not too sure if I want it any longer than that, I'll see when I get there. 8)
    100% Natural since 7-20-07| 3c/4a Medium Thick
    Current Length: Mid-Back| Length Goal: Waist Length
    Simplicity~Consistency~Results
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine is MBL stretched. I'd like it that length unstretched.