I'm finally doing it

SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
After much research, I'm actually going to buy a Chi. I have one tiny problem, I can't decide whether I should get the original one or the turbo... has anyone here used the 1'' turbo before (or any of them, for that matter)?

I think my hairstylist used the original on my hair, but I've heard the turbo is very nice, too. It has some more goodies on it (controls on the outside, adjustable heat settings, velvet stuff where you hold it so your hands don't get burnt, etc.), but I honestly don't know if it's worth the extra money if the original is the same.

Also, has anyone ever bought one from ebay before? I found some pretty good deals, but it kind of scares me. Would it be better to order it from folica, or somewhere similar?

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Comments

• asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    After much research, I'm actually going to buy a Chi. I have one tiny problem, I can't decide whether I should get the original one or the turbo... has anyone here used the 1'' turbo before (or any of them, for that matter)?

I think my hairstylist used the original on my hair, but I've heard the turbo is very nice, too. It has some more goodies on it (controls on the outside, adjustable heat settings, velvet stuff where you hold it so your hands don't get burnt, etc.), but I honestly don't know if it's worth the extra money if the original is the same.

Also, has anyone ever bought one from ebay before? I found some pretty good deals, but it kind of scares me. Would it be better to order it from folica, or somewhere similar?

Sarah

i have the 1 in. original. it works pretty good, but it takes me hours to do and dries out my hair a lot after a while. supposedly the turbo is better though.

about a week and a half ago, i bought the sedu and prefer it over the chi. seems to do less damage, smoother plates, temperature control.

but the chi is good - it just wasn't the best for me, just good.

i wouldn't buy it on ebay - what if it's broken? plus, with folica, it's free shipping and you get a heat pad. i love free stuff :D

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Thanks for your help, couturex3curls. :)

Maybe I'll do a little more research on the sedu before I make my final decision. I think whatever I do, though, I'm going to get it off of folica. I love the free stuff, too! :lol:

Thanks again,

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • curlykattycurlykatty Posts: 18Registered Users
    I agree with couturex3curls, I use to have the CHI but then got the sedu for my birthday and its so much better. My hair seems healthier and shinier.
    3B course on the dry side. Still searching for the best gel that will leave my hair feeling soft

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file