Knock Knock...

tinahtinah Registered Users Posts: 1,195 Curl Neophyte
Can I come in? I'm 38. Is that close enough? :flower:
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    lol. Come on in, the waters fine.

You remind me of me; I have already begun to think of myself as 50 (in a good, looking forward to it way) tho I just turned 47.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • tinahtinah Registered Users Posts: 1,195 Curl Neophyte
    Eh 38 40 do those two years really make a difference? I figure I might as well get used to thinking it now and maybe it won't be such a shock to my psyche when it actually happens. LOL!
    CG - 3/27/09
  • LL~2009LL~2009 Registered Users Posts: 146
    ha! I'm the same way. Always ahead of myself. I'll be 42 in Dec and stated during a conversation that i *am* 42.
    fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
    Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
    Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
    Stylers: KKCC,
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    ~
  • 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    rudeechick wrote: »

You remind me of me; I have already begun to think of myself as 50 (in a good, looking forward to it way) tho I just turned 47.

I'm doing the same exact thing! But I turned 47 way back in May... :happy3:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    2poodles wrote: »
    rudeechick wrote: »

I'm doing the same exact thing! But I turned 47 way back in May... :happy3:

lol. Well, my "just" turned 47 was the end of June:rabbit:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Well I just turned 40 in March (still recovering from :shock: ) I browse over here all the time!! I figure close enough too!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Registered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glowing with pride. A youngster still in her 30's wants to join us!

Come on in, Tinah. 40-ish ain't a bad place to be (even though Del is still just getting used to it).

Everybody knows this is where the Cool Kids are. :hello2:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    Come in young one. Here you will learn of failing eyesight, sagging boobs, hot flashes, and chin hair. And maybe even the meaning of life. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Come in young one. Here you will learn of failing eyesight, sagging boobs, hot flashes, and chin hair. And maybe even the meaning of life. : )
    Oh you make it sound soooooooo GLAM :glasses7:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome....Glad to have you here.:hello2:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

I've got the sagging boobs thing down already - thanks!

Actually I think I might be in the beginning stages of preimenopause so I guess those are all things I'll have to learn about sooner rather than later anyway. But thanks for the wonderful welcome!!

So do y'all ever actually talk about hair in here? ;)
    CG - 3/27/09
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    We talk about grey hair, thinning hair, dry hair, short old lady hair versus long young folk hair. And of course - chin hair. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    We talk about grey hair, thinning hair, dry hair, short old lady hair versus long young folk hair. And of course - chin hair. : )

LMAO!!! You make it all sound so appealing! I think I'll freak when I get my first chin hair. Other than that I've been going grey since I was 15 and I've decided in the last couple months that I will never have short old lady hair.
    CG - 3/27/09
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    woohoo for saggy boobies. They make the world go 'round (shifting weight)! :love4:
    Speckla wrote: »
    woohoo for saggy boobies. They make the world go 'round (shifting weight)! :love4:

How about woo hoo for great bras so the rest of the world never has to know!!!
    CG - 3/27/09
    tinah wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »

How about woo hoo for great bras so the rest of the world never has to know!!!

Yeah, well they certainly know when I've taken my supportive bra off...the earth quakes as they hit the floor. :happy2:

You don't have to be 40 plus to enjoy all the benefits of this forum. This side of the playground is usually more laid back and easygoing.
    Amen! I've noticed it's a whole lot more relaxed in here. More my type of people!

And after two kids - my 40DD's have definitely seen better days. If I could figure out a way to walk around with my arms over my head all the time and not get looked at funny my girls would look great!
    CG - 3/27/09
    tinah wrote: »
    Amen! I've noticed it's a whole lot more relaxed in here. More my type of people!

And after two kids - my 40DD's have definitely seen better days. If I could figure out a way to walk around with my arms over my head all the time and not get looked at funny my girls would look great!

Well, ditch your purse and start carrying everything in a wicker basket. That way you have a reason to keep your arms up to support the basket on your head. See? Easy-peezy!
    Hmmm.... wonder if I could start a whole new fashion trend!!!
    CG - 3/27/09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file