mango in hair

nicoletinicoleti Posts: 15Registered Users
does anyone have any recipes using mangos for the hair. I heard that mangos are very good for the hair.
3a F/M ii low/normal porosity
dark brown/slightly past shoulder length hair

Comments

• DivastateDivastate Posts: 2Registered Users
    I've heard of mango butter being excellent for hair conditioning. Though I haven't tried it here's a recipe for a mango conditioner I found:

Banana Mango Hair Mask

For a deep, penetrating hair conditioning treatment, head to your fridge and
    pantry.

You Will Need:
    2 Vitamin E Capsules
    1 Small Ripe Banana
    1/2 Soft Mango
    1 Egg Yolk

What To Do:
    Combine all ingredients in a blender until thoroughly mixed (pierce vitamin E capsules and squeeze the oil out).
    Wet hair and work the mixture through from the dry ends to your scalp. (if you have oily hair at the scalp, do not put the mixture there).
    Cover with a shower cap for 20 minutes (30 minutes for severely damaged hair).
    Rinse with warm water, then wash as usual.
    3c/4a 100% natural 100% curly 0% lyes
    "I love my hair in its Afro...It's like a halo, like antennae, like some idea that started in the soul and couldn't stop so it had to keep on going until it found its conclusion back in the source of creation." - Carolivia Herron
  • nicoletinicoleti Posts: 15Registered Users
    thanks, do you remember where you found that?
    3a F/M ii low/normal porosity
    dark brown/slightly past shoulder length hair

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    bumping...
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • superrach3superrach3 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Just mash up a mango, work it into your hair, and leave it in for about 30 minutes. (or longer.) you can add some honey if you want added curl definition.
    shoulder length 2Cmii
    products: curl keeper, angell, redken fresh curls s&c

pw: "wavy" for NC, "i love u" for everything else

*avatar* adrian grenier is my hair idol, even though he's a guy.....hey, we're not sexist here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file