i am a desperate 3b, please help

dozzdozz Posts: 8Registered Users
hello all,
i think i have 3b hair - in terms of curls - but my hair is not soft, it runs in the family i guess for i have relatives with coarse but straight hair.
the thing is, my hair was vvery beautiful one day but i wasnt aware enough to maintain it so problems have started and its never ending..my hair has split ends everywhere - and i mean everywhere even on baby hair close to the roots - it breaks, and look/feels very dry.
i have relaxed my hair several times, but both stylists have assured me relaxants havent done the damage to my hair, everyone tells me its just dry. but i cannot accept that because i deep condition my hair - ALWAYS. even oil treatments are not working well with me because once i try to lose the greasy feeling my hair is dryer than before. i've also tried to use non-sulfate or mild sulfate shampoos and it got better for a while but then it looks like it got used to it. it seems my hair eventually gets used to anything and ends up dull and vvery poofy. i love the poof its not that i dont, but i know my hair is not healthy, because i have been trying to grow it beyong shoulder length for 5 years now and nothing! i refuse to beleive this is the maximum length of my hair because it has grown longer before...can someone pleaaaaase tell me if its the dryness thats causing the continuous split ends and breakage? the relaxants? or both and how can i treat this because the only thing i can think of right now is getting a keratine or xtenso treatment [thought i didnt feel ANY difference with xtenso last time]....

thanks a whoooole lot for reading anyway ;-) and please if you have any input at alll - do not hesitate!

Comments

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    Hello Dozz!
    I understand completely how you feel. It seems there is a thin line between love and hate when it comes to dry curly hair.
    The hair will break due to the dryness and the chemicals, it is a chain reaction with both.
    I did the Brazilian keratin Treatment on my hair, and so far is the best investment I have EVER done in my hair.
    The curls became a soft shiny wave if I let it air dry. Now if I want shiny glossy curls then I roller set my hair and sit under a hair drier, and what I get is bouncy, out- of-a-magazine curls.
    I do not have to coat my hair with tons of products anymore.
    My hair was so damaged before due to many factors. Now it's so beautiful. I will trim my ends next week, and it will look 10 times better, I have been avoiding that cut for sooooo long. But I need to get rid of what is left of that awful damage done by a cheap and damaging at home treatment I did a looong time ago. The BKT helped me salvage most of my hair.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do in your hair!!!

xoxoxox
  • dozzdozz Posts: 8Registered Users
    many many thanks aphrodiivaa! looks like im gonna go for the BKT although right now - my hair is doing just fine :p
    im so worried about my curls, you think i can keep the poof if i do it? and how do i maintain it or how does the transitioning process go...orrr! if i decide to have another one in 5 months, can i do it over and over again on the same hair?!

merciiii again i really appreciate this! there's a serious lack of experts and professionals where i live :love4:

be well
    xxxooo
  • AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    dozz wrote: »
    many many thanks aphrodiivaa! looks like im gonna go for the BKT although right now - my hair is doing just fine :p
    im so worried about my curls, you think i can keep the poof if i do it? and how do i maintain it or how does the transitioning process go...orrr! if i decide to have another one in 5 months, can i do it over and over again on the same hair?!

merciiii again i really appreciate this! there's a serious lack of experts and professionals where i live :love4:

be well
    xxxooo

Dozz,
    I am glad I could help.
    Also, you can see how a forum member, NoraCurl's hair turn out here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=83856

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file