How do you keep from cutting?

ConditionerBoyConditionerBoy Posts: 15Registered Users
Everytime I try to grow my hair out ( this is attempt # 4 for me) I get to a certain point and cut it. How did you make it through the process?

Comments

• CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Posts: 295Registered Users
    a lot of it. It is so hard not to because you think you will make it look better so I decided one day to grow it out for a year without cutting or trimming and that was on Jan 4th 2009, I still have not done it, another thing that helps is that I do not trust the local hair salons with my hair because of 40 yrs of bad hair cuts. so when I do get it cut I am going to make sure it is with a trained curly hair stylist. I have 4 more months before I even start thinking about calling for a haircut appointment.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    A lot of patience and a lot of bobbypins, barrettes, and updos.
  • miss_emilymiss_emily Posts: 2Registered Users
    If you want you hair to stay healthy, you're going to have to get it trimmed every once in a while. If you easily get split ends, you're going to have to get it trimmed more often than you'd like. But when you do go in for a trim, make certain the stylist knows curlies, even for something as simple as getting rid of the splits. I've been growing my hair out for a while now and all I can tell you is to condition well, figure out some cute do's for the weird length period, and just stick with it.:tongue5:
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Back when I had long hair it just took patience. (And willpower to keep it long. I frequently got the urge to do a big chop.) Once you get to that "certain point," instead of cutting your hair start pulling it back. Eventually it'll get past that phase you don't like.
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    for me, it's easy to get tied up with the business of life..kids, work, volunteering, training, etc. I have to put it on my to do list to even schedule an appt, and even then I make sure to schedule it far out. every 4-5mos or so
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • casey7083casey7083 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I know exactly what you mean! I am trying to grow my hair out, too and it's just a big beehive! We will just have to be patient together!! :):afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file