CurlTalk

Hello

pwyattpwyatt Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi, my name is Pamela from Houston, Tx. I am very happy to find a site that gives me all the answers I need in styling this new do of mind.
1st question I have been natural now for a year. Cut out all perm and wear extension until hair grows out. I am tired of wearing extension and my hair is pretty long but draws up so badly it looks 60% shorter than what it is. How do I keep my hair from drawing up? I am type 4a.

Comments

• belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    pwyatt wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Pamela from Houston, Tx. I am very happy to find a site that gives me all the answers I need in styling this new do of mind.
    1st question I have been natural now for a year. Cut out all perm and wear extension until hair grows out. I am tired of wearing extension and my hair is pretty long but draws up so badly it looks 60% shorter than what it is. How do I keep my hair from drawing up? I am type 4a.

You can try to use heavier products like really thick conditioners as a leave-in to weigh down your hair. Leaving in a conditioner can definitely lengthen the curl. Check out the 4 type thread and see what specific types of products they might recommend.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders