Claudie's Hair Revitalizer - update

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
have any of you ever used Claudie's Hair Revitalizer? i found out about it from fotki and ordered some. the owner has a site but basically you e-mail her and she sends you an invoice via paypal. the folks on fotki seemed to really like the product for hair growth. my issue is it's been 3 weeks since she invoiced and i paid (the next day) and i still have no product. i sent her a nice e-mail saying that if she was unable to fill the order i'd like a full refund. the next day i got an e-mail stating that the post office had been notified that they would be receiving a package. this was a week ago and there's no more info and the package has not shipped. i sent another e-mail 2 days ago saying that i'd like a refund. i've heard nothing.

has anyone had a similar experience with this seller? is the product good? honestly based on this experience i don't think i'd re-order from her again. nothing should take that long to ship. i know i can go through paypal for a refund but i'm trying to wait to see what the seller says after a couple of business days. i'm just disappointed because it seemed like a promising product.

UPDATE: i received a very sincere apology from the owner. she had emergency surgery and obviously wasn't available...please don't be discouraged from trying the products based on the above post. i am going to get my products. it was just a miscommunication.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I heard about it a few years ago on lhcf. Alot of women were saying it was good. That's awful you haven't heard or received anything. Hopefully you'll get your stuff soon. I've always been wanting to try it but after seeing your complaint I won't bother.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    I'm sorry that you've had such an awful experience with Ms. Claudie. I've ordered a bunch of products from her including the hair revitalizer, satin moisturizing lotion, honeysuckle cream rinse, deep moisturizing conditioner and hair gel. She even gave me a 4oz bottle of her Garden Hair Oil as a gift. She's a really nice lady and I have seen some growth with the hair revitalizer. I haven't been using it constantly as I received my JBCO and gotten amazing results from it.
    Maybe you could try emailing Claudie again. Perhaps there's a reason that she hasn't responded quickly. Also, you could check the forum at blackhairmedia.com . She frequents there, and the boards always have a Claudie thread regarding the status of her health as well as products. HTH!
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    . Also, you could check the forum at blackhairmedia.com . She frequents there, and the boards always have a Claudie thread regarding the status of her health as well as products. HTH!

thanks for your post!! she did mention something about her health in an e-mail which is why i was understanding but i've not had any more communication and she indicated the product would go out, it didn't. then when i politely suggested a refund is when the post office notification happened. i'm not pressed for it i guess. i can just be patient. i know she probably has other things going on. i was just frustrated because my payment was taken immediately but still no product. i'll wait until the end of this week to make a final call on what i'll do or perhaps she'll go ahead and process the refund.

is she very sick?
    I'm not sure if she's very sick. I know some months ago she had some problems with her health. I'll have to check the boards to see what's up with her.
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i feel bad. the owner e-mailed me this morning. very sincere and apologized. she had emergency surgery. her assistant seemed to have dropped the ball. she processed a refund. i still wanted the product but i know it didn't ship.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    i feel bad. the owner e-mailed me this morning. very sincere and apologized. she had emergency surgery. her assistant seemed to have dropped the ball. she processed a refund. i still wanted the product but i know it didn't ship.
    You didn't know so don't beat yourself up. At least you two communicated. Maybe when she is feeling better, you can order again. :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    You didn't know so don't beat yourself up. At least you two communicated. Maybe when she is feeling better, you can order again. :)

you're right. i just feel bad saying anything negative now that i know something completely out of the norm happened.

anyway, we've been in contact a few times this morning via e-mail and i think i'll be getting my products soon.
    Don't feel bad. At least you know and things can proceed smoother from here. The bright side is you'll get to try Claudie's products. :happy2:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KranberyKranbery Posts: 177Registered Users
    Yeah, that is a long time to wait for a product. But with small, home-based companies, I think it is normal to wait a bit longer. I hope when you finally try the product it works really well for you. Then the waiting will have been worth it:thumbleft:
    Grow hair grow. People think you look funny at this length. :sad8:

Products:
    Jason Tea Tree Shampoo
    Jason Tea Tree conditioner
    Cantu Shea Butter, Avocado/Rosemary oil
    Egg Protein Treatments
    Burt's Bees Shea and Grapefruit Conditioner
    Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins
    Oyin Greg Juice
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Claudie's been having some health problems for awhile. I use the Satin Moisturizing hair lotion, it's nice for baggying. But the last 2 bottles I ordered, the consistency was off (too thin). I still have more than half a bottle left so I don't have to re-order for awhile.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file