Hair Gift Basket for Pregnant Friend

PrettyLady24PrettyLady24 Posts: 336Registered Users
I have a friend who BCed over a year ago, but hasn't had much luck in the hair department, and now that she is pregnant it's growing like crazy. I was thinking as a shower gift that I could do a hair product basket of different things she can try. Her sister is also going natural so if they don't work for one maybe they'll work for the other.

I was thinking that a couple conditioners samples, a sample of my beloved KBB hair milk, and a gel sample may be enough.

What do you ladies think? Anything else that may be helpful. Maybe a card with a few websites?

Thanks!
Current loves: Curl Junkie, Komaza Care

Love to read? Share that love with your kids!!
Look In A Book!!

Save 5% on your first order from Komaza Care! Referral Code: MQ786GRW

Comments

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This sounds like a wonderful idea. :)

I would get products that can easily be found on the ground and maybe one special product that is ordered on-line. So many people get intimidated by the cost and/or inconvenience of getting natural hair products.

I would break it down like this: conditioner (cowash), leave-in, styler and a butter. You can get most unrefined shea butter from the BSS.

A great line that can be found on the ground is Kinky Curly.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Posts: 418Registered Users
    I think that is a great idea as well. I say go for it!
  • teejayteejay Posts: 537Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »

I would break it down like this: conditioner (cowash), leave-in, styler and a butter. You can get most unrefined shea butter from the BSS.

What a great gift idea!! I would break it down like Hippychic suggested. :thumbup:

Co-wash: VO5 Tea Therapy
    Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek 'n Shine (subject to change)
    Styler: Long Aid Curl Activator

Dislikes: Proteins (except occasional Silk protein), Cones, Oils
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Hippychic's suggestion is wonderful. In addition, I'd give her one hair pampering session using the products so that she can learn how to effectively utilize them. Pregnancy can be draining mentally and physically and there's nothing like a free hair styling session to boost a woman's ego.

Maybe include it in the bag in the form of a certificate for a hair spa day.

Most gifts will be for the baby so it's great to include something for the new mommy. One of my shower guest did a pamper bag for me and I thought it was so sweet and original.
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • PrettyLady24PrettyLady24 Posts: 336Registered Users
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll go pick up some stuff today and start the basket.
    Current loves: Curl Junkie, Komaza Care

Love to read? Share that love with your kids!!
    Look In A Book!!

Save 5% on your first order from Komaza Care! Referral Code: MQ786GRW

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file