"Good Hair" movie concern

brownsugar84brownsugar84 Posts: 111Registered Users
I know some of you guys are gonna think I'm crazy...even I'm starting to think so. Haha. So I'm wondering if anyone else shares my concern about Chris Rock's "Good Hair" movie that's coming out.

I've been transitioning for about 7 months now and plan to BC January 1st...after Chris Rock's movie has come out. I think you know where this is going. I have this odd fear that everyone will think that I've cut my hair and gone natural as some kind of statement due to this movie. A lot of people don't even know I'm going natural so if I suddenly have natural hair after this movie, for some reason I feel like everyone's gonna think I just did it because of the movie and I'm being a follower of some trend/hype/whatever. The only reason I can see myself being upset by this is because I'm definitely not a follower, done long and hard research, and have been truly invested in going natural for 7 long months now and at the point of my BC will be 11 months. I'm glad it might persuade a lot of ladies to go natural, but for some reason I don't want to be lumped into that group. I want people to know that this is about me, who I am, how I perceive myself and not some movie. It almost makes me want to BC now. Haha.

Does anyone think I have an irrational fear here or do you feel the same way?

Comments

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    I know some of you guys are gonna think I'm crazy...even I'm starting to think so. Haha. So I'm wondering if anyone else shares my concern about Chris Rock's "Good Hair" movie that's coming out.

I've been transitioning for about 7 months now and plan to BC January 1st...after Chris Rock's movie has come out. I think you know where this is going. I have this odd fear that everyone will think that I've cut my hair and gone natural as some kind of statement due to this movie. A lot of people don't even know I'm going natural so if I suddenly have natural hair after this movie, for some reason I feel like everyone's gonna think I just did it because of the movie and I'm being a follower of some trend/hype/whatever. The only reason I can see myself being upset by this is because I'm definitely not a follower, done long and hard research, and have been truly invested in going natural for 7 long months now and at the point of my BC will be 11 months. I'm glad it might persuade a lot of ladies to go natural, but for some reason I don't want to be lumped into that group. I want people to know that this is about me, who I am, how I perceive myself and not some movie. It almost makes me want to BC now. Haha.

Does anyone think I have an irrational fear here or do you feel the same way?

Girl, damn them! You can just tell them what you've said here. I feel exactly the same way about not being a follower too. Tell them you're following your own natural self.
  • brownsugar84brownsugar84 Posts: 111Registered Users
    Ok, well glad to see that you at least see where I'm coming from and don't think I'm crazy. Ha.
  • EkaetteEkaette Posts: 356Registered Users
    You can tell them you've been growing your relaxer out for a year and that was before anybody had even heard of the movie
    event.png

4b natural
  • Fresh4thefutureFresh4thefuture Posts: 43Registered Users
    i fell the same way with tyra going natural i really dont want people to think "OMG so your going natural like tyra banks"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file