Q&A With Qhem of Qhemet Biologics

Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hey ladies! I have some AMAZING news! I've been speaking with the owner/creator/mixtress/operator of another one of my favorite natural hair care lines, Qhemet Biologics, and she has agreeded to do a Q&A for the readers of Naps, Kinks, Coils, and Curls! I'm soooo excited because I adore her products and I've always wanted to know what inspired her to create her line. But rather than just ask the questions that I want to know the answers to, I want to get my readers involved. If you have a question that you would like to ask Qhem, then please leave it here and I'll try to ask as MANY questions as possible for inclusion in the Q&A article.

In addition to doing the Q&A, I plan on doing reviews of all the Qhemet products that I have used and love! I will admit that I've only a few of the products (Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Honeybush Tea Soft Gel, and the Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist). If you have used any of the other products and would like to submit a review, then please send them to me (links to youtube reviews that you have done are good too!) and I'll post them as well. Please send reviews here ---> [nappy.curly.crown(at)gmail].

Winter's just around the corner and we all know that her products have become a staple in many ladies winter routines. So let's share the wealth of products reviews for Qhemet Biologic products.

Thanks ladies and stay tuned for more information!
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comments

• alexsmomalexsmom Posts: 93Registered Users
    I love Qhemet products. I look forward to your Q&A.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    YAY :blob4: I can't live without that AOHC in the winter! I also love the Honey balm for dry twisting.

ETA: I love your blog. So much good info :D
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • breezybabybreezybaby Posts: 347Registered Users
    Neato! When will you interview her?

I have a question, what is her real first name and are there any pictures of her hair?
    3a/3b/3c hair all on one head :thumright:

public.fotki.com/breezybaby
    youtube.com/joyfulbree

Staples (used in many ways):
    Coconut milk
    Castor oil
    Coconut oil
    Honey
    Shea butter
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    breezybaby wrote: »
    Neato! When will you interview her?

I have a question, what is her real first name and are there any pictures of her hair?

I have been wondering about this too. Are there more products coming out anytime soon?
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
  • unique4meunique4me Posts: 135Registered Users
    I have a question for Qhemet. Can they make a gel with a stronger hold?
    Hair type 4a
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I have a question. I love my AOHC and LOVED the old scent. I don't care too much for the new scent, but the product works so I'm happy. Can we get the old scent back? Or can we have unscented (if it smells good)?
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • breezybabybreezybaby Posts: 347Registered Users
    Oh! And as another question, could there be a holiday "special" where they bring back the Olive Detangler for a couple of weeks?

I heard so much about it.
    3a/3b/3c hair all on one head :thumright:

public.fotki.com/breezybaby
    youtube.com/joyfulbree

Staples (used in many ways):
    Coconut milk
    Castor oil
    Coconut oil
    Honey
    Shea butter
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Ask her why she take so long to get our stuff!!!:protest:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • MsC.MsC. Posts: 489Registered Users
    This is exciting NCC,I do have some questions

1.Why does the olive oil and amla heavy cream dry out my hair but the burdock root doesn`t? What makes it moisturize some but not others hair? Is it the oil versus water base of the two?

2.Yes I would also like to know if shipping times will improve in the near future,waiting on an order right now:)

3.Oh one more is she planning on making a large sized moisturizing detangling conditioner? I really need a good all natural detangler.. myself and my two daughters are natural and detangling sessions with our current hair growth is an all day affair...lol.

4.It would be nice for those who are loyal customers to occasionally get a free sample of something with our order,it would help rope us in lol.
    IMO it is always fun when you open a package and a little treat is in there(feels like christmas) it makes the customer feel appreciated, just my thoughts:)
    Big Chop August 23,2008 myself&two daughters;-)
    Fia`s system:3c/4aMii
    INSANITY WORKOUT week 3 Day 1 7lbs lost to date:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    MsC. wrote: »

1.Why does the olive oil and amla heavy cream dry out my hair but the burdock root doesn`t? What makes it moisturize some but not others hair? Is it the oil versus water base of the two?

2.Yes I would also like to know if shipping times will improve in the near future,waiting on an order right now:)

3.Oh one more is she planning on making a large sized moisturizing detangling conditioner? I really need a good all natural detangler.. myself and my two daughters are natural and detangling sessions with our current hair growth is an all day affair...lol.

4.It would be nice for those who are loyal customers to occasionally get a free sample of something with our order,it would help rope us in lol.
    IMO it is always fun when you open a package and a little treat is in there(feels like christmas) it makes the customer feel appreciated, just my thoughts:)

This too!!!
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    THanks ladies...keep the questions coming. I'm going to conduct the interview over the weekend, so there's still time to ask more questions!
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never tried her products because any time I visit her page her products are out of stock. I am wondering what her future goals are to overcome this issue.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Outside of the Curls line working great for my hair....this is the one reason why I love them and will continue to order from them. You get 3 samples of your choosing whenever you are ordering. They just can't be samples of the same products you ordered.
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mariag002 wrote: »
    I've never tried her products because any time I visit her page her products are out of stock. I am wondering what her future goals are to overcome this issue.

Same here! But, honestly because this has happened so much I won't ever make a purchase. I've been tempted to get something via Swap. However, once I start thinking about purchasing more of it once I'm almost out I cringe and decide not to.
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users

This too!!!

not just for loyal customers, but for all orders. if i place an $80 order, i would like a sample or two... even if i place a $10 to $20 order, a sample would be nice.

i just don't understand why companies don't give samples...giving samples with orders could be a goldmine for them.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users
    I have only ordered Qhemet once and it took about 3 weeks to receive it. So I would like to know if she will bring more of her items in stores so I can get them whenever I want.
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png
  • EkuaSoulEkuaSoul Posts: 870Registered Users
    OMG!!! My favorite product line!!!

I am curious to all of the questions above, but please also ask:

Does she have plans to introduce new products in the near future?

I would especially love to see what type of leave-in conditioner she could come up with.
    EkuaSoul - Ninja PJ :batman:
    AyurNatural Beauty
    Facebook | Blog | Hair

• SmartkittySmartkitty Posts: 217Registered Users
    some questions:

1. Are there any plans to do larger sizes of the products? They are often out of stock, hard to get hold of and larger sizes would ease this.

2. Are there any plans to make a conditioner - water based/liquid or a liquid detangler?

3. What has been the most rewarding part of creating and selling your own hair products?

I would ask about availability but was already told that there are no plans to expand supply outside the U.S.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fusilli_headFusilli_head Posts: 58Registered Users
    I'd love to know:

1. What was the trial and error period like in terms of creating some of the products? Did she start from scratch just knowing the properties of the products that she wanted to have, or did she already have a bunch of recipes that worked for her and people she knows?

2. Does she have plans to expand the line and sell it in chain beauty supply shops like Ricky's or Sally's?

3. Does she think that there will be a time in the future where natural products are just as popular and easy to name check as drugstore brands or professional hair care brands like Paul Mitchell or TIGI? Would she like to be a part of this, or does she like the intimate feel of a smaller, handmade business?
    HG Moisturizers: Raw unrefined whipped shea butter, shealoe, whipped cocoa butter, Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade, Oyin's Whipped Pudding, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Milkshake

HG Conditioners: GVP Balm, HEHH, GVP Detangler

HG Cleansers: Still looking! (but I'm eyeing that Honey Wash)

HG Leave Ins: None yet, but I have a few to try.

HG Deep Treatments: I've tried a few but nothing has wowed me yet, suggestions are welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file