Formal/Wedding Styles

scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
I'm in a wedding in September and i need a hairstyle. I know the bride would prefer for me not to wear my hair out/natural as i always do. Rather than argue with her about it, I need to find a style. :evil5::angry2::protest::angry8::evil::pain10::argue:

Any suggestions? Pictures?

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Are you thinking of flat ironing it?

If not then maybe pulled back to a puff/bun at the nape of your neck with some tendrils around your face?

What about a Mary J Blige style crown braid?

mary+j+blige+braided+updo.jpg
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • certifiedivacertifiediva Posts: 173Registered Users
    Hey for my wedding, I just bunned my hair and added a hair piece. I purchased a drawstring pony tail, it originally looked like really tight spiral curls then i took a paddle brush and brushed out the curls to make it look more kinky curly and attached the remixed hair piece to my bun. I attached some pics I couldn't find any other pics small enough to attach.
    I hope this helps
    oh oh it was inspired by this hair style alicia keys wore a few years back gotta find the pic hmmmm...
    Been a long time... I shouldn't have left you...

Re-Visiting Old Products & Checking out some new products... Coming up with a whole new hair routine... I've neglected my sexy kinks for far too long!

I'm baaaaccckk!

Being a Diva is a full time job...
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I have an appointment the day before the wedding to get it pressed. I am not looking forward to that at all. my hair is still recovering from the last press.

I actually went wig shopping today

certifiediva, I love your hair (but my friend will not go for that)

I like Mary's hair. I would like something like that (perhaps without the fake braid)
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users

Ok, i see I really didn't do a search before I started this thread. Sorry ladies.

I love the megabun!!! let's see if I can perfect it
  • justicefighter1913justicefighter1913 Posts: 253Registered Users
    Hey for my wedding, I just bunned my hair and added a hair piece. I purchased a drawstring pony tail, it originally looked like really tight spiral curls then i took a paddle brush and brushed out the curls to make it look more kinky curly and attached the remixed hair piece to my bun. I attached some pics I couldn't find any other pics small enough to attach.
    I hope this helps
    oh oh it was inspired by this hair style alicia keys wore a few years back gotta find the pic hmmmm...

CD! Absolutely beautiful! I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and ooooh thank you for the inspiration b/c I really did not want to flat iorn my hair!

Thanks!
    Hair goals: 1) healthy hair 2) BSL by 12/10:viking:
    Recovering from a "scissor happy stylist "setback:tongue2:
    My Fotki: A work in progress:clock:
  • afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
    If your hair is damaged from heat, PLEASE don't press it. People(read stylists) usually don't care about the health of your hair they just want ot to look as straight as possible. They don't care if they fry the hell out of you hair in the process. Have you considered a rollerset or braids? she doesn't want your hair out or she doesn't want it natural?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file