Wild growth hair oil?

Crazy Kinky CurlyCrazy Kinky Curly Posts: 116Registered Users
Went to Sally's yesterday and saw this sitting on the shelf so I picked up a tube knowing that I could always return it. Has anyone used this or know much about it? I'm a bit hesitant because I'm afraid of clogging my pores but at the same time my hair has reached the 4.5 inch mark and it's becoming a hassle to get it to look like anything I want to be seen with in public. I'm literally at the point of reaching for scissors to go back to my cute twa or spend loads on extensions. Should I return it or will it actually do anything beneficial?

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    What are the ingredients?
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • certifiedivacertifiediva Posts: 173Registered Users
    Ingredients:
    olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil. vitamin d, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural color and fragrance.

I used it for a month or so, it was way too heavy for me. I still have a little less than half a bottle left.
    Been a long time... I shouldn't have left you...

Re-Visiting Old Products & Checking out some new products... Coming up with a whole new hair routine... I've neglected my sexy kinks for far too long!

I'm baaaaccckk!

Being a Diva is a full time job...
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Ingredients:
    olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil. vitamin d, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural color and fragrance.

I used it for a month or so, it was way too heavy for me. I still have a little less than half a bottle left.

Hmmm looks like good stuff in it, but what are the ingredients in red supposed to do for the hair?

I wouldn't use it, for me olive oil as the 1st ingredient is too much. My hair doesn't love olive oil like that...but whatever works for you
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Crazy Kinky CurlyCrazy Kinky Curly Posts: 116Registered Users
    certifiediva, did you notice actual growth from use? I've never used a growth aid before, but I really want out of this awkward length phase asap!
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I liked it when I was relaxed but as a natural that stuff was just too greasy and heavy for me. It was even too greasy for my daughter's hair and she has thick 4b hair.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • certifiedivacertifiediva Posts: 173Registered Users
    certifiediva, did you notice actual growth from use? I've never used a growth aid before, but I really want out of this awkward length phase asap!
    unfortunately I can't report any significant growth after using it. I did add some peppermint oil to it to kinda help it stimulate my scalp pores and stuff.And as the ingredients list it has some really good stuff in it, so it couldn't hurt!
    Been a long time... I shouldn't have left you...

Re-Visiting Old Products & Checking out some new products... Coming up with a whole new hair routine... I've neglected my sexy kinks for far too long!

I'm baaaaccckk!

Being a Diva is a full time job...
  • M3rlzM3rlz Posts: 64Registered Users
    I agree with certifiediva. I've been using it for a month and I haven't seen any significant growth either. I'm going to keep using it until it's done thought because my hair likes the oil.
    event.png

Hair type
    : 4A Majority of pen spring curls / 4B around temples & ears
    Last Big Chop: 5/31/2009
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 2008

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, I bought this stuff in my relaxed daze. It was a waste of money. :sad2:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsC.MsC. Posts: 489Registered Users
    I bought this when i first went natural,it made me sneeze and my scalp got itchy so i stopped using it.Recently cleaned out from under my sink (making room for my qhemet products)and I found it under there and tried it again,same reaction so i threw it out.:sad1:
    Big Chop August 23,2008 myself&two daughters;-)
    Fia`s system:3c/4aMii
    INSANITY WORKOUT week 3 Day 1 7lbs lost to date:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 4bcurlygirl4bcurlygirl Posts: 123Registered Users
    I bought some of this yesterday, I use to use it yrs. ago when I was relaxed. I just wanted a good oil to oil my scalp with (I didn't want to use up all of my evoo and coconut oil). My hair loved it, my hair wasn't greasy or oily my scalp just seemed to drink it all up. The smell is not the best but that fades after awhile. I give it 4 stars. :happy10::icescream::glasses8::colors::wave:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    I just got turned on to this stuff...where have I been all this time? I love to massage it into my scalp and then my hair every few nights. I cannot say it has made my hair grow that much but the ingredients are good (the light version has castor oil in it). I put it in at night and let it soak in. By morning the smell is gone and I do my little routine. My hair loves it in the winter...we will have to see in the warmer months.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • LauraWolfhartLauraWolfhart Posts: 57Registered Users
    I've read that it works for a lot of people and they've experienced growth spurts quite quickly, but I've read a lot of others talk about itchy scalps and a TERRIBLE smell. I think it's best to stick to just one oil instead of mixing all of that up, it's probably the reason why Wild Growth is so heavy on hair.
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Posts: 362Registered Users Curl Novice
    sounds like it would make a great prepoo esp. be4 a sulfate wash.
  • redlipstickredlipstick Posts: 213Registered Users
    I've read that it works for a lot of people and they've experienced growth spurts quite quickly, but I've read a lot of others talk about itchy scalps and a TERRIBLE smell. I think it's best to stick to just one oil instead of mixing all of that up, it's probably the reason why Wild Growth is so heavy on hair.
    There is a light version that is not heavy, and the scent is due to the ingredients, which many prefer to perfume-laden products. Many schools of thought, such as ayurveda, believe that certain combinations of ingredients allow them to work even better in concert than they would alone.
    Team Wash and Go!
  • windycitycurlwindycitycurl Posts: 55Registered Users
    Wild Growth has been around for a very long time, they've just started selling it in more stores. I think it's been around since the late 1980s, if not before that.

It's greasy, and it doesn't really do anything for your hair or scalp.
    4a
    Fine w/some thickness at the crown
    Med Porosity/Low Protein
    Henna-once/twice a year
    Terressentials Mud Wash-2/3X a month
    Aussie Moist Condish- Detangler, AOGBP Condish-rare protein tx
    AO White Camellia-Deep Condish
    CJ Smoothing Lotion- Leave-in
    JessiCurl WDT- Leave-in
    QBO&HHB-Sealant/Moisturizer
    Water/Aloe Vera Juice/Oil blend-Moisturizing Spritz

OILS-Scalp prewash: coconut oil/tea tree/lavender blend
    Sealant(s): Coconut/Shea/Argan/Castor/Olive blend

Staple Styler: KCCC!!!
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My cousin and I both has hair loss issues and tried this. I didnt like the stuff. Did nothing for me but worked for my cousin. I had better luck with Doo grow mineral oil free.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file