Quick Keratin Treatment question

bekernbekern Posts: 2Registered Users
Been thinking about getting this done for awhile to make my hair much more manageable and quicker to style. One thing I want to ask is about how much this helps with frizz. I have very thick frizzy hair and when I straighten my hair with a flat iron I have a lot of fly aways and my hair looks pretty dried out, if that makes any sense. Will this threatment have the same effect? Basically if my hair just has that kind of frizzy dry texture naturally, not as a result of any kind of damage done to it, will this still help?

I'm really hoping that this will work out for me because I am sick of spending so much time on my hair everyday and wish for a day where I can just let my hair air dry and it won't be an ugly mess!

Comments

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    bekern wrote: »
    Been thinking about getting this done for awhile to make my hair much more manageable and quicker to style. One thing I want to ask is about how much this helps with frizz. I have very thick frizzy hair and when I straighten my hair with a flat iron I have a lot of fly aways and my hair looks pretty dried out, if that makes any sense. Will this threatment have the same effect? Basically if my hair just has that kind of frizzy dry texture naturally, not as a result of any kind of damage done to it, will this still help?

I'm really hoping that this will work out for me because I am sick of spending so much time on my hair everyday and wish for a day where I can just let my hair air dry and it won't be an ugly mess!

Not only will it take out all of the frizz, but it will also feel silky and look shiny. But do keep in mind that when it does dry, it's not going to be stick-straight (unless your hair is naturally wavy), but it does take out 50% of the curl. If your hair is overly voluminous, it will feel 2x thinner. My thread: "BKT- How it worked for me" or even better, "My 'educational' thread on the Brazilian Keratin Treatment" has a lot of info about it. HTH!
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• bekernbekern Posts: 2Registered Users
    NoraCurl wrote: »
    bekern wrote: »

Not only will it take out all of the frizz, but it will also feel silky and look shiny. But do keep in mind that when it does dry, it's not going to be stick-straight (unless your hair is naturally wavy), but it does take out 50% of the curl. If your hair is overly voluminous, it will feel 2x thinner. My thread: "BKT- How it worked for me" or even better, "My 'educational' thread on the Brazilian Keratin Treatment" has a lot of info about it. HTH!

Thanks very much :). I've been reading more about it and I think I am going to get it, I just need to find a good salon in New York. And yes my hair is very curly and very thick, I'm happy that it will just come out less curly rather then pin straight :). I was just worried that this is only for people who have damaged hair from coloring,heat damage etc. but I've been looking at some pictures and I think it will work for me.
  • rawcurlyrawcurly Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi, I just had it done 3 weeks ago in NYC and I am very happy that I did it. I would highly recommend the hairstylist who did my hair. She has had it done to herself many times and she is very good at doing it. Her name is Jill and her email is [email protected]
    She works out of James Corbett Studio in Union Square and her prices are very reasonable.:blob5:
  • frizzyalloverfrizzyallover Posts: 1Registered Users
    i have very curly hair and within the last year its gotten even more kinky. i think because i've been taking care of it. my hairs down to about my chest and im planning on cutting it to my collarbone. However, if i do this i know my curls will go crazy so i want to get the keratin treatment. Anyone know a good salon around the northern jersey and NYC area?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file