We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Question about Emergencee...

tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I bought this today and used it this afternoon. How the heck do you spread this through your hair?? I followed the directions. I washed my hair first with GVP Aloe Rid cause I thought I might have a little build up. So after rinsing that out my hair was a matted tangly mess. I had a really hard time getting the Emergencee through my hair! I endedu p haing to smear it on as if I was doing a ponytail and then squeezing my hair a lot to get the stuff through my hair. I don't know if I got in evenly. It was just awful. Does anyone have a trick for getting this stuff through their hair?
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG

Comments

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just keep working it through - and a decent amount of it - and it'll start spreading easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    I know what you mean. After clarifying, my hair gets very "sticky" [sticky like velcro, not like syrup] and just wants to adhere to itself.

And the Emergencee doesn't have much slip, that's for sure, which doesn't help.

What I do is a vinegar rinse after I clarify. It makes the hair smooth and a little silkier feeling. Then it's much easier to detangle, and much easier to distribute the Emergencee.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    now that I'm thinking about it, I think I used to shampoo and condition before using Emergencee - but it's been a while since I've used it, so it's hard to remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just work it through, no combing. Hair is still tangled. Let it sit and rinse. Then I condition for detangling.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file