Is Elasta QP Gel CG friendly?

jEnNnYjEnNnY Posts: 22Registered Users
Hi there,
Sooo, I am putting together my CG routine, and would like to know if Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Liquid Styling Gel is all right for my non-cones, parabenes, etc. purposes. I was lucky enough to grab 3 bottles of the "old" formula of this gel (they changed the ingredients to an "improved formula", which I don't know if works as well or not) at my local Sallys. I loooove this gel and how shiny and soft my newly cut short curly hair looks. It's the best for my morning routine, because my hair doesn't resist at all to the styling... as it does with most of all the other gels and mousses I have tried in my life. Anyway, here are the ingredients:

Purified water, glycerine, polyquaternium-10, PEG-75 Lanolin, panthenol, polysorbate-20, fragrance, imidazolidinyl urea, DMDM hydantoin, FD&C Blue No.1

So, do you see any cones there that I am unable to recognize? Anything bad at all?

TIA!! :flower:
3b/3c
Mod CG free of cones!
Loving LA Looks Sports Gel :happy10:

Comments

• jEnNnYjEnNnY Posts: 22Registered Users
    Anyone?
    3b/3c
    Mod CG free of cones!
    Loving LA Looks Sports Gel :happy10:
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Strictly speaking, yes. You might want to investigate polyquats, since there isn't a general consensus on whether they're water-soluble (it's my understanding that some are more water-soluble than others, but I haven't done my homework on them).

Lanolin is also something you want to avoid. It's water-soluble here, but may or may not give you some trouble.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file