I need help with my unmanageable 2b hair.

porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
Hello all! I'm new to the boards here, but my friend recommended that I ask you guys for help with my hair.

I have relatively healthy, shoulder-length, somewhat thin 2b hair. For years, my hair was very curly and pretty. But in the last two years or so, it has become impossible to deal with. My curls have become very limp and undefined, and my hair appears thinner and thinner every day. I think I may need some cut/style suggestions. I am frustrated because I take such good care of my hair and it still looks awful.

I use Christophe sulfate-free shampoo and Naked Naturals conditioner. I only wash my hair twice a week, and I condition once a week. I occasionally dry my hair with a diffuser, and once every two months or so I wear it straight. My hair is not color-treated. I use a boar bristle hairbrush. I have tried several styling creams/gels and none have worked very well, so I need recommendations for something that will NOT weigh my hair down or make it look greasy like everything else has.

I really appreciate your help in advance, guys!
:batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Conditioner
: Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
Styling
: Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

Comments

• CaseywantsCurlsCaseywantsCurls Posts: 40Registered Users
    I realize this is late to reply, but I figured I would at least try to help. Have you done anything differently in the last two years? You are CG? When do you brush your hair? Have you tried new products that seemed to thin your hair? What products have you used?
    CG since 8.1.09

Hair stats: 2b/c Thick, medium texture, highly porous.

Co-washing: Suave Naturals Coconut
    CO: LVPNG, Giovanni 50:50
    Leave-in: Giovanni Leave-In Spray (looking for a new one)
    Styling: Bioterra Styling Gel, Bioterra Curl Cream
    Just started: KCKT, KCCC, clipping, and pixie diffusing...so far, so good!

Want/plan to try: ACV rinse, making FSG, making a DT

Still perfecting a routine, all suggestions appreciated. :headbang:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file