We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Salicylic acid(Aspirin) can remove chlorine buildup?

OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I read recently in a womens magazine that if you want to remove chlorine buildup from your hair to crush up and dissolve aspirins in water and rinse your hair with it....does anybody know if there's any truth to this claim?

also, if it does work, how often and how strong should your solution be?
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909

Comments

• tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that would be terribly drying. I've also heard that cucumber removes chlorine. That might be a better choice and a little more moisturizing.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    is there a link how to do the cucumber thing? A recipe or thread? That sounds intriguing...
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    Frizzly wrote: »
    is there a link how to do the cucumber thing? A recipe or thread? That sounds intriguing...

The Chlorine Buster on Live Curly Live Free is the one that I have seen.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flivecurlylivefree.com%2Fhome%2520remedies.htm" class="Popup
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• CzechfanCzechfan Posts: 50Registered Users
    Hi,

No, as I recall the crushed up aspirin added to water serves as a scalp treatment for dandruff. I learned that years ago in beauty college.

If I were you I'd check out this link from Struttswife. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.livecurlylivefree.com%2Fhome%2520remedies.htm%23Hair_Detangler" class="Popup

She has some very good simple recipes for hair there that are good and effective.

You could also try a shampoo/treatment that is designed specifically to remove chlorine from hair, such as AO has one for Swimmer's hair.

Caution: please note that if anyone has allergies or aspirin sensitivies or are taking medications that you should not combine with aspirin you should avoid this sort of dandruff/scalp treatment at all costs.

I hope you find this helpful info.

Hugs!

Nora

RO= GVPCB,Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholestrol& Mango conditioner
    LI= Herbal Essence Hello Hydration,VO5 Moisture Milks.
    DT= JC WDT, GVP KPAK

Styling: FSG,,Ecostyler Krystal Gel, LALSG,:love4:&:love4:AfroVeda Curly Custard, Cocolatte Moisture Mask, Pur Whipped Gelly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file