Applying Meow Cosmetics foundation

JayneeJaynee Registered Users Posts: 2,039 Curl Neophyte
Hey everyone. I just switched to Meow Cosmetics from BE because of all the rave reviews. I found the color match for my skin, but I'm having a hard time getting enough coverage. I know their website says you don't need to buff like you do with BE, but I'm really not sure how else to apply it. Do you still swirl your brush in the lid, or do you just dab it and get the powder on the surface of the brush? Then how do you get it on your face evenly? I'm so used to buffing and I'm wondering if my technique is preventing me from getting the coverage I want.

Also, has anyone else noticed the chalky smell it has when you apply it?

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i don't notice a smell. i apply it like i would any loose powder but this is my first mineral makeup so i never did buffing anyway.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    I just sprinkle a tiny bit in the lid, swirl my brush, and apply. I don't buff like I did with BE. I use my baby buki brush from bare minerals. If I need more coverage I just repeat the process again.

I don't notice a particular smell from Meow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Registered Users Posts: 1,271 Curl Novice
    I use a synthetic brush (Too-Faced retractable kabuki). It's harder to over-buff with that, since mineral foundation adheres less easily to synthetic fibers and therefore doesn't all get lost in my brush.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    Curlygirlie18, i thought of something else...have you cleaned your brushes? i have a brush i keep in my purse, a retractable, and i noticed it smelled funny but my home one when i clean every few weeks doesn't. the brush i use at home is by sonia kashuk and i got it from target for like $12. works great!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file