Good scrunching products

soon2bsoon2b Registered Users Posts: 220
I have been transitioning for a little over six months and I am having a hard time ever wearing my hair down, due to humidity and the two textures. I wanted to scrunch my hair like when I was a permie, but those products no longer work. Does anyone else have success with this? What products do you use for scrunching?
event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    I'm also about 6 months into transitioning. I've also been on the CG routine since June. Since going CG I've noticed that my hair has started to curl more. note I haven't worn it straight since going CG. The product that gives me the most curl is LA Looks gel. I go back and forth between the Mega hold (green) and the Sport gel (blue, strongest hold). After conditioning, I don't rinse it out all the way. I then scrunch in LA Looks gel, plop, then diffuse till its 70% dry. this seems to give me the most curl.

btw, if you don't like crunch, don't use the Sport gel. the Mega gel doesn't have as much crunch and is really easy to scrunch out once its dry.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • soon2bsoon2b Registered Users Posts: 220
    Thanks for the information...I have two questions....

1. What is plopping?
    2. What is the CG routine
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    soon2b wrote:
    Thanks for the information...I have two questions....

1. What is plopping?
    2. What is the CG routine

Here are some good links to explain plopping. the first has pics. the 2nd one has explanations from me and a few other curlies of how we plop.

http://www.naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=81810&highlight=plopping

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=140

CG refers to the method in the Curly Girl book by Lorraine Massey for caring for curly hair.
    *in short, you eliminate or reduce shampoo from your routine. Most shampoos contain Sulfates which are harsh cleansers that dry your hair out. You use conditioner in place of the shampoo- just be sure to really scrub your scalp for a few minutes to clean it. You don't use any products with Silicones because (they cause buildup) most silicones require sulfate shampoos to get them out. And you also don't blowdry.
    personally, I blowdry with a diffuser but I don't straighten anymore.

hth
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file