Did anyone ever tell you..

SandiSandi Registered Users Posts: 364 Curl Neophyte
The other day my mom was like.. why do you need so much stuff for your hair? Keep in mind, I haven't even found a leave-in or gel yet. So my response was, "curly-haired people need some help" or something like that. My mom doesn't even have straight hair though. I think she's like.. 2 something.. and no matter what she does it.. it dries the same.. it looks good (like.. what people spend 20 minutes (maybe hours) blow drying.. or curling to get) .. do you guys know anyone like that? Oh yeah, and her hair never, I repeat, never frizzes.. she showers with sulfate shampoo (yeah I know) and conditions with whatever and comes out with these nice defined waves.. with a good amount of volume. Maybe I just didn't get the good gene.. lol. Because of her great luck with her hair.. which I add.. is thick (yet almost never tangles.) she has no idea what the rest of us go through to get decent looking curly hair..

Second question: What leave-ins would a 3c like mine use? Is it something rich? Or with some hold.. or should I get a gel for that..

Edit: Maybe I should have had the title be "Did anyone ever ask you".. well what's done is done.
Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
Curly since '09

Comments

• DoubleCurls17DoubleCurls17 Registered Users Posts: 44
    yeah my mom is weirded out by my hair care routine but she understands why i do it. maybe your mom only uses a wide tooth comb for brushing resulting in more defined waves and less little frizzies?

i think you should get a gel because i think tight curls do better with a thicker product. i'm not an expert though :)
    Shampoo: Loreal Eversleek Intense Smoothing Shampoo twice weekly
    Conditioner: Live Clean Argan Oil Restorative Con./Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/Aussie Sydney Smooth
    Deep Treatment: Joico K-Pak once a week
    Leave-In: Curly Q Custard mixed w/ AG Recoil
    Gel: HE Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel
  • curlycarrottop62curlycarrottop62 Registered Users Posts: 245
    ive seen my friend like at the pool doing her hair and whoah she has it so easy. i bet she has like 3a and all she does is shampoo and condition w/ sulfates step out of the shower and it dries perfectly!! im soo jealous
    Multi-textured head! 3a w/ some 3c, medium to high porosity, medium to coarse texture, dry!

My current favorites: Suave naturals shampoo, Suave coconut, Organix argan and moroccan oil conditioner, GFTN, LALMG, FSG <3!!

Not a huge fan of CG :/
    wow. i envy people like that :( but our hair does eventually look better than anyone's in the end if we take care of it properly :)
    Conditioner: Live Clean Argan Oil Restorative Con./Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/Aussie Sydney Smooth
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Registered Users Posts: 144
    wow. i envy people like that :( but our hair does eventually look better than anyone's in the end if we take care of it properly :)

ah-greed! :):color::D
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • SandiSandi Registered Users Posts: 364 Curl Neophyte
    yeah my mom is weirded out by my hair care routine but she understands why i do it. maybe your mom only uses a wide tooth comb for brushing resulting in more defined waves and less little frizzies?

i think you should get a gel because i think tight curls do better with a thicker product. i'm not an expert though :)

She doesn't use anything special; just whatever's on hand. Mostly random stuff. If she has a brush, she uses a brush. If the first thing she finds is a wide tooth comb, she uses that. And somehow, it looks perfect no matter what.. mysteries I tell you.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
    that is weird.... hm, i'm stumped. all i can say is sometimes i wish i had hair like that!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file