CurlTalk

Thought I'd post some hair pics...

tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users
This is my hair today. It's really starting to come along. I won't be totally happy until it's quite a bit longer. But it's not bad today. A little on the frizzy side but a far cry from the mess it was five months ago when I started the CG routine. I'm trying desperately to grow it out. I want it all to be roughly BSL and it's almost there when it's straight but curly it's got a loooong way to go. It's crazy how much my hair shrinks up when it's curly. I used the suave daily clarifying co for co washing. GVP CG for rinse out and some generic KY. That's it. Nothing else today. I think it looks better in person than it does in the picture but overall it's not bad even in the pictures. The shine is really good. Anyway - submitted for your approval - here they are.
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG

Comments

• anatidaephobiaanatidaephobia Posts: 343Registered Users
    Beautiful hair. And the shape of your cut is very flattering.
    CG since 6/15/09 -- fine/medium texture, medium porosity

Conditioners: GTTTT, Kenra & KCKT
    DT: CJ Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix
    Styling: KCCC, KCHP, HEBE, Loma Imply
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    it looks great. You've come along way :)
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    holy cow tinah, the shrinkage on your hair is awesome! LOL I know most curliers (than me) don't want too much of it, but man, from your earlier pics, its tons shorter now. But so much more defined! WOW!

And I agree with Ana, your hairstyle is very flattering :) LOL and I'm not just saying that cause we have to ride in the car together.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    goobernut wrote: »
    holy cow tinah, the shrinkage on your hair is awesome! LOL I know most curliers (than me) don't want too much of it, but man, from your earlier pics, its tons shorter now. But so much more defined! WOW!

And I agree with Ana, your hairstyle is very flattering :) LOL and I'm not just saying that cause we have to ride in the car together.

LOL thanks!! The shrinkage in my hair is insane. When it's straight it's almost BSL in the back. Definitely arm pit length. It's crazy how shrinky it is. I wish it wasn't. I want it to be longer sooo bad.
    CG - 3/27/09
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    it looks great!! Do you diffuse with the generic KY? Or just let it air dry? Your hair is so shiny, i love it!
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • oopsmyhalofelloffoopsmyhalofelloff Posts: 92Registered Users
    Your curls look wonderful!
    Thanks, Jackie :headbang:

Type - 3A fine and thin
    my routine is a work in progress

low poo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    co wash - Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave in - Curl-it-up or same as co-wash
    Stylers - CK, ecostyler, ISO bouncy creme, HETT, Bioterra curl creme
    it looks great!! Do you diffuse with the generic KY? Or just let it air dry? Your hair is so shiny, i love it!

Those pictures are air dried. Sometimes I'll diffuse but just until it "sets" then I let it air dry. I like to have a tiny little bit of crunch to it so I'll diffuse it til it gets a little stiff which takes about three minutes or so.
    CG - 3/27/09
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Lovely curl pattern and shape!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    OMW Tinah I think it looks gorgeous!!! I wish my hair had MORE curl like yours instead of having to coax more curl into it. I love it & think it will look even more beautiful long...but you should be VERY happy w/ it inthe meantime!:D
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    FABULOUS GORGEOUS CURLS!! And you are so right about the shine! Lovely!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Tinah! The transformation that your har has gone through looks fantastic! You definitely knew what your hair has needed!

Wow! I still remember some pictures you had posted when you started and were looking for guidance!

Your cut is great! So cute!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • *Angela**Angela* Posts: 251Registered Users
    Really great hair! Love the shine and the cut...super cute!
    3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
    Thanks everyone! I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my hair needs. I know now that it loves protein. so that has helped a lot. I just wish it would grow faster! It's growing really fast since I started CG which is great because I used to think it didn't grow at all. But it is growing fast you just can't tell because of the shrinkage!

I appreciate all the kinds words and encouragement and all the hlep I've gotten from this site. That has really made a huge difference for me! Thanks to everyone!

Next pictures will be my six month anniversary! WOO!!
    CG - 3/27/09
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Wow great hair!
    Makes me want to whack mine off again. I love that length on most everyone. So flattering.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    Yeah, I'm with Jeepcurlygirl -- I love that length! Very lovely.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    Wow great hair!
    Makes me want to whack mine off again. I love that length on most everyone. So flattering.

The pictures are a little decieving. My hair is about the same length yours is in the May pictures in you fotki.
    CG - 3/27/09
  • CurlyQMomCurlyQMom Posts: 203Registered Users
    What beautiful curls - and I also love the length on you but I think it will look great long and curly as well!
    Sulfate & Silcone Free since July 2009
    2C-3A normal to high (ends) porosity, medium texture, lower end of med density
    Currently experimenting with Water Only Washing and dropping stylers

Negative on: AOHR, mineral oil
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyQMom%2F" class="Popup
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    Beautiful cut and curls! :) Looks like mine in my Jan 02 pics. ;)

My son was peeking over my shoulder and said that your hair looks just like mine did about 9 years ago. I had the same cut, same tight curls, even the sassy curly hanging on the left front (DH calls it that). :D He said my hair is losing its curl--I agree, it's not as tightly curled. I was living in humid Germany at the time; it's a little humid here in the early AM and late PM (overnight) but not enough in the day. I am also older, now hypothyroid, and have more gray (straighter). I miss having my hair look like your photos!!! :binky: wwaaahh! I do also notice the length pulls out the curl, so yours will probably loosen up a little as it grows too. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • IamDonnaIamDonna Posts: 546Registered Users
    WOW!!
    Defined curls with great shine.
    Makes me think about getting it cut shorter or layered more.
    Mine was much curlier when it was shorter wish it was now.
    :love1:3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
    Poo: Eulence moisture
    Co-wash: GVP CB
    Condish: GVP CB
    LI: KBB nectar
    Styler: CK CIAB
    Gel: BRHG
    DT: Curl Junkie
    Diffuse 70% dry
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FIamDonna%2F" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fhotimg23.fotki.com%2Fp%2Fa%2F70_149%2F75_144%2FDSCN0395-vi573.jpg" class="Popup
    NEW PICS
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Beautiful curls - love the shine:thumbup:.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    Holy shrinkage, Batman!

Absolutely lovely - your curls (and you!) are beautiful!
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study: