{if $User.SignedIn} {literal}
{$User.Name}
{/literal} {/if}

Product EasyStraight--any experiences with it???

KewTnCurlyKewTnCurly Posts: 6Registered Users
Hello,
Tried to find thread on it, did search but could not locate a thread on it. My questions are:

Has anyone tried?

What was your experience?

There's a one month treatment and a three month; anyone have input on how they differ? Is the one month effective?

How well does it work on fine hair that's wavy? (Forget if that makes me a 3a or ?)

Thanks in advance!!!
Christine
My Coppola'd Hair:
Porosity has to low and hence my hair is less curly :cry:

My True Hair:
Type 2C-3A/Porosity Medium/Density Low-Medium/Width Fine/Length Short-Medium
Additionally, it is almost 100% gray and is always colored about 4-6 weeks or so. Prefered hair color is warmer shades of brunette. Occassionally use highlights.

Comments

• MaxMax Posts: 125Registered Users
    Hi. I don't know if you're still watching this thread, but i just saw it and thought i would respond.
    I have a friend who used Easy Straight and she loved it and her hair looked great.
    I haven't used it per se, but i've had my hair straightened by Haime Munoz in NY, who created Easy Straight. I had it done 3 times and it was wonderful. Instead of taking 40 mins to blow dry my hair, it took about 10 - and it was healthy and shiny. It also didn't frizz in damp weather. If I didn't blow it dry, it was curly, but the curl was reduced and my hair wasn't 'big'.
    Haime says that Easy Straight is exactly the same process as what he uses in his salon. The difference is that it costs roughly $350 in the salon (at least it did a few years ago when I did it) and EAsy Straight is something like $29 at most major drug stores.
    it's pretty much a dream product, but I've been holding off on doing it again because i'm really sick of blow drying my hair and I'm thinking about either staying curly or doing a Japanese straightening. My understanding is that you can't do a Japanese straightening process if you've done anything else like this, so i've been waiting to decide.
    I've heard (I think on this board?) of some people having breakage from this product, but I liked it a lot, my friend liked it a lot - and a couple of her sisters did it and were very happy as well.
    My friend paid a hairdresser $50 to do it for her - so there was less of a chance of error.
    I hope this helps even though it's months after your post.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I've never used easystraight, but i've used products with the same chemical (ammonium thioglycolate) which is basically a very mild relaxer...its the same thing used in perms except after the bonds are broken then the hair is curled and locked into its shape with the blah blah blah you know the drill.

anyway, it works. my hair got completely straight when wet but it was still curly when it air dried but whatever.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • TexasCurlTexasCurl Posts: 42Registered Users
    I used it and it didn't work at all; I still had to dry my hair straight every time I washed it and it made my hair feel very chemically damaged. Oh well, good luck. I wasn't the end of my world it just wasn't the wonder product I was hoping for-and it took me forever to do it by myself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file