How do you juice a lemon without a lemon juicer?

The store near my house has lemons but no lemon juicers. What's the best way to juice a lemon without a juicer?
I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cut in half and squeeze? :wink:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • dumplings_of_doomdumplings_of_doom Posts: 65Registered Users
    Ugh. I'm absolutely useless in the kitchen. The only thing I know how to make is rice.
    I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Posts: 371Registered Users
    Ugh. I'm absolutely useless in the kitchen. The only thing I know how to make is rice.

Hehe AllRecipes.com

:wink:
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

http://public.fotki.com/cocoalily/
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    If you want just the lemon juice, you can buy that buy itself ;)
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • ljelyljely Posts: 11Registered Users
    I've found the best way is to first roll the lemon back and forth on the counter with your palm, applying pressure (this frees up some juice before you cut it), cut it in half, then either just squeeze or stick the end of a fork in the lemon and squeeze around that.

Happy juicing!! :)
    Laura
    a 3A, sometimes more like 2A, living in hot and humid Mississippi
  • corkscrewcurlscorkscrewcurls Posts: 3Registered Users
    When you say juicer, are you talking about those big electric machines? Because for about $3-4 you can buy a hand citrus juicer at stores like Walmart. You cut the lemon in half and twist it back and forth on the juicer top part that is screwed on top of a glass bottom. There are all glass juicers too for a few dollars more at kitchen places.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ljely wrote:
    I've found the best way is to first roll the lemon back and forth on the counter with your palm, applying pressure (this frees up some juice before you cut it), cut it in half, then either just squeeze or stick the end of a fork in the lemon and squeeze around that.

Happy juicing!! :)
    This is what I do too. Some people say the frozen juice concentrate is just as good, but I like fresh juice.

I finally "splurged" and got one of these. One of the best things I ever bought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file