CurlTalk

Question About Denman Brush

I am really confused about this; what makes the Denman so special? The bristles? The shape?
ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif

Comments

• belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    smo6767 wrote: »
    I am really confused about this; what makes the Denman so special? The bristles? The shape?

The bristles are what make it special. The bristles of a denman look like a those on a fine tooth comb. The bristles are seamless and flexible so it won't snag your hair. Another curlie stated that it makes the hair like a solid sheet from which clumps can develop.

If clumps are your goal. You don't need a denman, just a fine tooth comb that has seamless bristles that won't catch on your hair.

edited:

I had to add that in general the design is also meant to be gentle on the hair.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    belasuna wrote: »

The bristles are what make it special. The bristles of a denman look like a those on a fine tooth comb. The bristles are seamless and flexible so it won't snag your hair. Another curlie stated that it makes the hair like a solid sheet from which clumps can develop.

If clumps are your goal. You don't need a denman, just a fine tooth comb that has seamless bristles that won't catch on your hair.

edited:

+1 to all that. I do, however, find the Denman much easier to handle in wet hair, both grip-wise and coverage through the head; but i have VERY dense hair.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

edited:

+1 to all that. I do, however, find the Denman much easier to handle in wet hair, both grip-wise and coverage through the head; but i have VERY dense hair.

Does that mean that brushes are okay as long as they don't catch on your hair? Because I found a rectangular brush with different-looking bristles than the denman (like a normal brush, but longer). It seems to make my hair go straight for a few minutes and dry pretty clumpy, but it doesn't make it frizzy. Is that okay? And thank you both ☺
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users

edited:

Does that mean that brushes are okay as long as they don't catch on your hair? Because I found a rectangular brush with different-looking bristles than the denman (like a normal brush, but longer). It seems to make my hair go straight for a few minutes and dry pretty clumpy, but it doesn't make it frizzy. Is that okay? And thank you both ☺

Lol. If you didnt feel like it was breaking your hair, and your happy with the way it looks, its SO okay!

When we say curlies shouldnt brush we generally mean dry styled hair. You should see what I look like brushed out. In fact, there is a funny thread somewhere like that:glasses3:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users

Lol. If you didnt feel like it was breaking your hair, and your happy with the way it looks, its SO okay!

When we say curlies shouldnt brush we generally mean dry styled hair. You should see what I look like brushed out. In fact, there is a funny thread somewhere like that:glasses3:

Okay, thank you so much! And I'm glad I'm not secretly torturing my curls! And really? I thought it was in general. And yeah seriously, I'd look like bozo if I tried brushing out my hair :clown: And I think I might have to see that thread... :wink: