Korean air straigtening former 3b

mrsveezymrsveezy Posts: 2Registered Users
Korean hair straigtening former 3b

First post here, hello all! :)

So, 2 years ago this week my Korean MIL forced me to have my hair straigtened at this salon that she owns after convincing me that my curls were "UGLY" and told me she hoped that my 5 day old daughter didn't get my "ugly" curly hair. Ohhh, my MIL - she a whole 'nother thread! lol

So the guy did it after I told him that my thin/fine colored hair (naturally blonde but dyed black) could not handle the permanent straigtener. They spoke back and forth in Korean and he said it would be fine. Well during my "straightening process" he put perm rods ont he ends of my hair. When I questioned this he said "well you said you like this style (Lindsay Lohans wavy style)" I only wanted to STYLE it that way, NOT have a perm or whatever he did. He checked one of the rods for curl pattern and rushed to take them out and rinse.

He straightened my hair with a flat iron after blowing dry. It looked great. (looking back nothing I coudnt have done with a flat iron at home MINUS chemicals!) Also I have no idea what he used because it was in Korean)

So after my first wash it was frizzy, dry, and always had to be flat ironed. No longer coudl I shower and let my curls dry if I felt lazy. It's been 2 years and 2 babies later and My curl is still very pulled out and ill-defined.

Again it has been two years - meaning if hair grows 1/2 an inch a month then it should have grown a foot, correct? My hair is (sorry for the lack of a better comparison) to mid-breast. Even what has grown doesnt seem to be to great looking.

I was a 3B now more like a 3A (if i try to make it look good) and even worse a 2 if I dont.

Could this be from the "perm" or whatever he gave me or from hormonal changes in pregnancy or the fact that I bought a CHI a year 1/2 ago or what??

What can I do to fix it? I just started the cowashing thing a few days ago. I only normally washed and conditioned once a week anyway and use my flatiron/blowdryer once or twice a month.

1513823Picture_or_Video_036.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
pic - 1 week before I had "the disaster in koreatown" no products, just air dried. Was much curlier and fuller when blowdried and crunched

Little more history on my hair. Until I was 12 my hair was straight *maybe* a slight wave at the bottom. I got a hair cut summer before 7th grade and my straight fine limp hair became CURLY- VERY CURLY!! So much so that when I was a teenager playign softball I would get knots on my neckline. Lookking back I was probably about a 3C!

Please help!! :) Any insight and opinions would be appreciated!

Comments

• shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    I would say all of the above!
    Anything you do to damage your hair like perming or using flat irons will cause your curl to loosen, but the hormonal thing could also be the cause. If you want your curls back go CG and stop using a flat iron.
    PS. Your pregnant belly looks so cute!!!
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • mrsveezymrsveezy Posts: 2Registered Users
    mdrb wrote: »
    I would say all of the above!
    Anything you do to damage your hair like perming or using flat irons will cause your curl to loosen, but the hormonal thing could also be the cause. If you want your curls back go CG and stop using a flat iron.
    PS. Your pregnant belly looks so cute!!!

lol thanks :)

I just want the cury curly back! I really dont straighten it that much or even use a blowdryer but once or 2x a month when i straighten.

Ive been doing the co-wash thing for the kids and i for a week or so but today i got some MixedChicks products that I ordered 2 weeks ago. I just washed my hair and guess i will use that on us til it's gone (I'm not wasting $40+)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file