CurlTalk

Does the Sedu work for 4A/4B Hair?

motherearthamothereartha Posts: 355Registered Users
I bought the Sedi over the weekend and tried it out this morning. I didn't get good results. I just look like my hair is blow dried and the ends are not good. My hair was trimmed maybe 2 weeks ago so I don't think that's it. Any tips or should I just send it back? I used IC heat protectant and nexxus heat protectant as well as a leave-in and essential hair oils.
thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
pw: bearhair

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    unless it really doesn't work, i think it's all about technique and heat setting.
    3b-3c CG
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Posts: 371Registered Users
    Try combing through your hair while you use the Sedu and spritz some oil on the ends, let the oil sit a while so it doesn't sizzle. Also try to flatiron the smallest sections as possible, it may take a little longer but it works better that way.

oh yea the heat setting is extremely important as well.
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcocoalily%2F" class="Popup
  • motherearthamothereartha Posts: 355Registered Users
    Ok, I did get a lot of sizzle with the heat protectants. I had it set on 360 after 320 really didn't get any results. I'm scared of the highest setting. A friend told me I may have to blow dry with ionic hair dryer first??? That seems like way too much heat. There was smoke just with the iron.
    thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
    pw: bearhair
  • thirteenlbsthirteenlbs Posts: 205Registered Users
    I had the exact same problem. Puzzled me for nearly a month.

Then I bought a blow dryer with a comb attachment and voila!-- problem solved. Since it means an extra round of heat (drying THEN straightening) tread with caution, though.

Good luck.

O, S, with fine strands
    Cottony