Pregnancy after Tubal???

RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
I'm kind of freaking out right now. I had my tubes tied in April of '07 and have recently been having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. I think I may just be ovulating (it would be the right time for that) but it's way different this time.
Has anyone experienced getting pregnant after getting their tubes tied? How common is it, I don't want to take a test just yet because I just got AF 3 weeks ago. I think I'm just psyching myself out, but don't know why my hormones are acting up?
Share your stories....

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
:rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/crazycurlz21/
password:rupert

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm kind of freaking out right now. I had my tubes tied in April of '07 and have recently been having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. I think I may just be ovulating (it would be the right time for that) but it's way different this time.
    Has anyone experienced getting pregnant after getting their tubes tied? How common is it, I don't want to take a test just yet because I just got AF 3 weeks ago. I think I'm just psyching myself out, but don't know why my hormones are acting up?
    Share your stories....

Pregnancy after tubal ligation is not common, but it does happen. Every post-tubal pregnancy is considered to be ectopic unless or until it proves to be otherwise, so it's always wise to take a pregnancy test and see a doctor if symptoms persist.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    My SIL had her tubes tied in 2002, and she became pregnant in 2008. She lost the baby though. She has no idea she was pregnant until she miscarried, just thought she felt "off" because she works so much and thought maybe she was overstressed and overtired.
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had my tubes tied for 21 years. Never got pregnant, but I've heard it can happen.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I have an IUD and I psyched myself out thinking I felt pregnancy symptoms a few months ago. I wasn't pregnant.

However, I do personally know 2 women who got pregnant (and had healthy babies) after tubals.
    ehLB.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file